Teamviewer is being erroneously blocked

ANSWERED
rozkaye
Chatterbox

Im sorry but i just tried doing what it says in the post and it still wont work - anyone?

rozkaye
Chatterbox

hi is it possible to do it for me too. I am not sure what i am doig wrong but i have tried everything suggested and i still get "scam protection has blocked this site" - i need this urgently - please!

Chris-B
Team Player

If it still doesn't work when you've followed what I posted, try clearing the cache in your browser. You may have to wait 5 minutes for the settings to take effect. Sorry I forgot to mention this before.

If that doesn't work, I'm sorry, it's all I know.

Aloonatic
First Timer

I tried everything on your list and it still brings up the talktalk has blocked this page . thanks for the info 

ConfusionInMotion
First Timer

Well after a Livechat yesterday when i was told my teamviewer issue was resolved and could use after 15 minutes, i actually waited until this morning to try it, and it was'nt a surprise to find it still would not allow me on the site and still cannot login to it on any of my Mac's, also couldnt use dropbox?

So after wasting more time this morning i phoned talktalk and was asked if i had children and i said NO, so the advisor said they would deactivate kid safe, which i could of done by clicking off myself.

Dropbox is back now but no teamviewer site access or login from application, this is getting very frustrating now(Be glad when my contract is up).

CIM.

CIM.
Chris-B
Team Player
As I've understood it, it's Scam Protection not Kids Safe that blocks Teamviewer. But Scam Protection doesn't have any way to whitelist sites, so you whitelist it in Kids Safe, and it applies the whitelist right across. So turn off Kids Safe wouldn't make any difference, turning off Scam Protection should.
ConfusionInMotion
First Timer
HI Chris,

Thank you for the reply, yesterday the chat advisor turned on the kid safe and added 'teamviewer.com' which did not work, all other homesafe settings are off, it was only this morning with the phone advisor that kid safe was turned off, i have tried the chat advisor way by whitelisting in kid safe twice now, leaving for an hour and trying to login to teamvier via application and website and it is still the same outcome?
CIM.
Chris-B
Team Player
Hi CIM,
When you say you've tried to log in via the the application, what exactly are you trying? The links in the Help menu on Teamviewer work by using your browser, so they just take you to the same place as going direct to the website. Can you try "check for new version" on the Teamviewer Help menu - if that works, you are unblocked, but your browser is remembering the block. Have you cleared the cache in your browser?
Alternatively, can you try accessing teamviewer.com on a device on your TalkTalk connection that hasn't tried to access teamviewer when it was blocked, such as a different computer, a smartphone connected to your WiFi, or just a different browser on the same device.

I wondered if TalkTalk are blocking it somewhere else, but I have just checked, and I'm still unblocked.

Its same with me. I tried talking to the agent called Andile Mdlalose to whitelist teamviewer for me. The agent was rude and didnt help whitelist it. The worst thing was when i asked what consideration will i get for all this stress, the agent terminated the chat. Lucky enough I was able to save the convo as pdf as well as jpeg for proof if asked by TalkTalk.

Please can someone help me with whitelisting teamviewer?

Its same with me. I tried talking to the agent called Andile Mdlalose to whitelist teamviewer for me. The agent was rude and didnt help whitelist it. The worst thing was when i asked what consideration will i get for all this stress, the agent terminated the chat. Lucky enough I was able to save the convo as pdf as well as jpeg for proof if asked by TalkTalk.

Please can someone help me with whitelisting teamviewer?

rozkaye
Chatterbox

Hi all - 24 hours later and i am still with no teamviewer. I spoke with someone at talktalk for 1hr45 mins yesterday - he was very patient but basically tried the same thing over and over again - turned off spam protection, added the website in kids mode and still nothing. Eventaully he said i should leave it a while and then try. needless to say 20 hours later and it still doesnt work (am i supposed to leave it longer maybe?!?!?!?!) i cleared the cache and history, rebooted my computer - i have literally tried everything but talktalk are still blocking it. I actually used my mobile data and connected with hotspot and it worked! so very clear that the problem is with talktalk - anyone any ideas other than to leave talktalk because at this time im seriously considering it????

Chris-B
Team Player
An idea - which may not work, I'm a user like you and just guessing what the problem may be, as the whitelist worked for me - maybe you are using a TalkTalk Proxy Server, and that's blocking it. If you are using Windows, go to Settings, Network and Internet, then Proxy at the bottom of the list, and make sure "Use a proxy server" is OFF. If you are using a Mac, sorry, I don't know where the settings are.
skempa
First Timer

Talk Talk are muppets. I so schedule the end of my contract and look into getting out earlier!

I lost a buisness call today because my teamviewer was blocked again. I was twice on the technical support line. Sorry Talk Talk tech team this is not good enough.

I searched and I resolved it this evening myself by changing my DNS settings to Google. 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 and straight I can access Teamviewer website and server again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk Talk muppets your should sort your DNS!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe you leave your customers alone like this. Twice i pointed out you need to give my account access and none of them could do it! Nothing to do with bloody Homesafe and Spam if disabled. To do that TalkTalk ISP simply decided to block it!

skempa
First Timer

Simple solution Talk Talk are muppets.

I was 2 hours in the line and no technician could help.

Change your DNS to Google 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

And Teamviewer website is available again.

TALK TALK are muppets!

Chris-B
Team Player
Good spot, skempa. Something for rozkaye and CIM to try!

I already use Google as primary and OpenDNS as secondary, so that wasn't affecting me.
pc4568
First Timer

Hi,  

I am also having this problem. 

I have all my homesafe setting to off and it still doesnt work. I even tried puting teamviewer website to "always allow" in kidssafe- this did not work

I have spent 2 hours on the phone and on the online chat over the passed 2 days to try and fix this. Even though the people I spoke to were very nice, they were unable to fix the problem.

Please can someone fix this! 

pc4568
First Timer

Hi

I am also having this problem.

I have spent 2 hours over the last 2 days talking to customer service on the phone and online. Even though they were very nice they were unable to fix this problem.

I have all my homesafe setting set to off and I still cannot connect to teamviewer. I even tried putting the teamviewer website into the "always allow" on the kid safe setting- that did not work either.

Can someone please fix this!

Chris-B
Team Player
For people that are finding Teamviewer is still blocked even with the the settings in Scam Protection and/or Kids Safe changed, there is currently an issue with the way site blocking is working, not limited to Teamviewer, see
https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Home-Safe-Super-Safe-Boost/Homesafe-Blocking-Issues/m-p/1719205#...
rozkaye
Chatterbox

Hey everyone

thanks for your tips and advice. Interestingly enough i came to my computer today and you wouldnt believe it teamviewer was working - dont ask me how or why because i hadnt even had a chance to try the suggestions yet but its working!! hope that happens to the rest of you still struggling out there - good luck!

ConfusionInMotion
First Timer

Hi,

Just a quick reply/update as to logging in to the teamviewer site that is fine with the 'kid safe' option and allowing it, as to using teamviewer 13 application/programme on MAC 10.12.6 that was still a problem, and would not login, simple solution in the end, removed version 13, installed version 12 and everything is now back as it should be(For Now)

Would like to thank all who replied and also the infoirmation in other posts :thumbsup:

CIM.