Teamviewer is being erroneously blocked

ANSWERED
jaevans
First Timer

I would try the advice from Chris-B: adding www.teamviewer.com to the list of websites and clicking the allow button.

However, if you still can't get it to work, the solution which worked for me was to change the DNS settings on the router which on my TalkTalk router was in 'Internet settings', 'Manage advanced settings', 'Internet connectivity', and select 'Manually select DNS . You can use OpenDNS settings or Google DNS which worked for me: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Oakers
Chatterbox

Thanks for the suggestions, however it seems that overnight (they said 10-15 mins...!) TT turned off my spam protection settings so was able to get into TeamViewer.  I'll note your suggestion in case i have a problem in the future.

andrewedmondson
First Timer

After loads of chats I eventually rang. They said they had removed the spam protection but I still cannot connect. Same 403 error. Disgraceful service. I'm about to change supplier. Don't they read these forums?

andrewedmondson
First Timer

They said they received spam protection but I still get 403 error everytime  teamviewer  quicksupport tries to connect. Same error when I try to get help on teamviwer website. Terrible service. Thinking of leaving talktalk.

Crterclan
First Timer

I need Teamviewer to help my elderly mother from time to time, I had to drive 200 miles back in April to help her out and to also turn the block off.

She has recently upgraded to fibre and it looks like the block is back in place. She has what I am sure is a small minor problem on her PC that is worrying her but as I can't connect to sort it out she is now worried about using her PC. Looks like I'm in for a bit of a drive again.

Teamviewer is a tool that can provide an invaluable service to the vulnerable.

TalkTalk need to rethink this policy.

northpole
First Timer

Hi there,

my TeamViewer is also blocked, need it for work. Please remove the block for my account. This is the first time in my life I see an ISP blocking software globally for their customers! Let the customers decide what they want to use on their own private computers.

Best,

Piotr

northpole
tavinder11
First Timer
Can u unblock mine as we'll 

AladdinsDen
First Timer

Goto "My Account"

My Services --- > View Homesage Settings ----> Kids Safe

switch Kids Safe to "on"  and click the bar : "Choose which websites to block and allow"

then on the right you'll see empty boxes where you can enter websites that you want to allow and block.

Enter teamviewer.com and select "allow" and then  click "Save Changes" at the bottom.

Wait a minute or two.... and you should then be able to access Teamviewer.com

All the best.

Livelybuoy
First Timer

Hi,

I want to use Team viewer but it is blocked, please can you fix it for me.

Thank you

r
Livelybuoy
First Timer

Please connect my Teamviewer asap.

Thank you

Livelybuoy

r
nannyogg
Popular Poster
Thats OK if you can turn ON the Kidsafe - I click the ON button, I get the circling "thinking" icon, then it clears and it's still OFF!!!!!

I have "chatted" to TWO agents tonight - none of the solutions they gave me worked. I've cleared cache, restarted etc etc nothing works as I can't get the ON button ON

I need to get my IT technician to access my computer soon - please tell me how to turn ON Kidsafe so I can let Teamviewer through - either that or get rid of bloomin' Homesafe altogether
Chris-B
Team Player

My guess is that it's something in your browser settings that's stopping you turning it on, such as cookies, or allowing pop-ups. When I tested trying to turn it off just now I got a pop up message; if you've not allowed pop-ups, you won't see it, but it's waiting for you to respond before it switches the button. Try installing a different browser, say Chrome or Firefox, and try there.

I don't think not using Homesafe will work - the diversion is in the basic TalkTalk server setup, but you can use Homesafe/Kidsafe to turn it off.

nannyogg
Popular Poster

Many thanks Chris-B it seems you have more brains than some 😉  (including me...)

I use Firefox, but also Ublock Origins.  Wasn't aware I had pop ups blocked on the TalkTalk site, (and I didn't get a pop up anyway, even when sorted) but after a bit of fiddling with the UB settings, I actually turned the Kidsafe ON, AND added Teamviewer to the allowed sites, yaaay me 😄

Thumbs up to you - now to get in touch with my IT man, and see it lets him in via Teamviewer 😄

I'll let you know if you have saved my sanity completely x

Chris-B
Team Player
You're welcome - I can't not try to help Nanny Ogg!
nannyogg
Popular Poster
Good to find someone who lnows who she is 😉

I'll give you some more feedback soon

Hi 

My Teamviewer is being blocked. I have both web chatted and phoned Talk Talk on this issue absolute nightmare nobody knows what I am talking about and they think its either a connection problem or a problem with my browser. It is neither. Can anyone please please help me. Currently entering 79 minutes on the phone to talk talk.

Sarah Marshall
Redbeardy
First Timer

I have the same issue.

Can't get no satisfaction from LiveChat or talking to South Africa or consulting web pages.

How can I use my Teamviewer software if Talktalk blocks it?!

How am I supposed to turn off Scam Protection when the Talktalk website won't allow it?!

Will someone please tell me how to get unblocked and Teamviewed!

Thank you.

ferguson
Community Star

@Redbeardy  Start your own topic on the help pages and the support team will gladly assist.

Chris-B
Team Player

You might also try the advice in posts 88 and 92/93 of this thread. It might help to change your DNS provider to other than TalkTalk, eg, Google 8.8.8.8 or OpenDNS 208.67.222.222, as I think TalkTalk implement the block via DNS.