This morning I have phone call from BT suport sayings there is problem with my router . I been asked to dawnload app on my mobile call teamviewer with allowed remote acces to my device. My fault is I downloaded this app and let run . My luck is talk talk firewalls block this app and didn't allowed to generates ID number to give them controll over my device . Scammers push me to dawnload this app on my laptop becouse apl didn't work on my mobile phone . I dont have laptop and I think this save me . Just to let know everyone.
It is a scam call. Things to remember TalkTalk will never:
- Call you to advise we have detected a fault in your router and ask you to install any software
- Never call you to state you are being disconnected due to a fault/late payment
- Use your TalkTalk account number to prove a call is genuine.
- Ask you to provide your full password - we'll only ever ask for two digits in order to protect your security.
- Ask for your bank details to process a refund - if you're a TalkTalk customer, your bank details are already registered on our systems.
- Ask you to send us money through services such as Moneygram or Western Union. Scammers do this to prevent transactions from being tracked back to them.
If you are in any doubt hang up the call and call us back to verify that we have called you.
You could try our CallSafe service which has been proven to deter scammers read more about it on our help page About CallSafe