Was this a scam call or genuine?

ANSWERED
unclevanya
Popular Poster

I too am being plagued by spam calls pretending to be from TalkTalk. I put the phone down. Most callers have a chi-chi Indian accent so i know these are scams. If Talktalk need to contanct me, they can do so by normal post within the UK.

it would be far better if TalkTalk as acompany brings their customer Call Centre back from Mumbai India, or wherever it is located back to the UK. I refuse to speak the TalkTalk Call Centre staff as I cannot understand their accents, nor them my broad Scottish acent. i am fed up with the whole TalkTalk commercial strategy. I didn't have this problem when the company was called Tiscali. The problems since TalkTalk took over have been appaling.

Also my monthly bill keep rising for some reason. My monthly usage is no different from what it was a year or more ago. I have sent an Email of complaint about thsi - but do NOT expect a reply or any action. All they appear to interested in is Billing their Customer base for as much as they can.

Unclevanya

UncleVanya
Labrat
Problem Solver

I've just had a phone call claiming to be from 'Shirley' (highly unlikely) from TalkTalk's Techical Department. I don't know if TalkTalk still uses operators from the Far East who speak only in broken English, but I refuse to accept such calls and I put the phone down on her.

The number she called from was 00498610552937.

I8this
Super Duper Contributor

@Labrat 

Hi, have you recently been in contact with TalkTalk by either email or phone?

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile.
Labrat
Problem Solver

This is the second call I've had from 00498610552937. It has to be a scam, because no reputable company would ever employ operators with such a terrible command of the English language. All I could decipher was something about the TalkTalk server.

I8this
Super Duper Contributor

Quote:-

because no reputable company would ever employ operators with such a terrible command of the English language.

TalkTalk do in those overseas call centres.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile.
Labrat
Problem Solver

Oh dear. In that case TalkTalk must find it very difficult to communicate with their customers. I should think that about 95% must hang up immediately.