Web page scam

6 REPLIES 6
Iffer
Popular Poster

Every time I log onto talk talk home page from my browser I get a pop up from a scammer informing me I can win an expensive phone for £1.00. If you continue you are signed up to a subscription with no way of cancelling it. Can these pop ups be stopped talk talk 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Iffer 

You can stop the fake pop-ups. We don't know how you acquired the unwanted pop-up but it's going to be triggered by the browser or malware.

Run antivirus and anti malware removal. Malwarebytes is compatible with TalkTalk Online Defence. Hopefully that will remove any malware start up program that may be running in the background. 

Reset the browser to default settings to clear history and cache and to disable add-ons that can be providing the pop-ups. 

To test if the pop-up is linked to the browser use a different browser. Otherwise it's going to be linked to the computer/device.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Iffer
Popular Poster

Thank you for your reply. I use an iPad..have cleared safari history etc can’t find add ones.. I don’t have malware on the iPad. I have tried using google as my browser and using a different  device but the same scams appear.

Gondola
Community Star

Unusual to see the same pop-up scam using different browsers on different devices.

Which web page are you viewing when the pop-up arrives?  For example talktalk.co.uk or another page?  And does the pop-up appear on any other page?

Screenshot the pop-up and upload here so we can see what you see.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

TheHornedOne
Insightful One

@Iffer wrote:

Every time I log onto talk talk home page from my browser I get a pop up from a scammer informing me I can win an expensive phone ..........

Do you have 'Block Pop-ups' toggled 'On' in Safari Settings Iffer?

~R.

Iffer
Popular Poster

I have now blocked them. Thank you for the advice

Iffer
Popular Poster

I have now blocked pop ups so hopefully that will be the end of itPop ups blocked now. Hope no further scam messagesPop ups blocked now. Hope no further scam messages