Where do they get our numbers ??

6 REPLIES 6
badmood
Wizz Kid

Ok sick of this scam calls and silent calls , had about 20 today , robot talkers and talk talk sales telling me my internet is getting disconected , or has faults .. Has talk talk been HACKED again ?? .Or is ia case of cheap labour and scam workers stealing and selling our data ? .. Some calls do come from talk talk help centre, you can hear them answering phones in the background , This is talk talk how can we help you ??... When is something going to be done about it ? ..

Must be more out there that feels the same way i do and had enough of this...

fr8ys
Community Star

Who knows?

Have you considered Callsafe?

I've not had one scam call since I started using this in December. This will certainly help.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
badmood
Wizz Kid

More calls today and it is early, Tried to add Number to list for ban and it says number not recognised ??? can not add number ??? .

fr8ys
Community Star

Just to clarify please, are you using Callsafe or number barring?

If you use Callsafe, the user has to announce themselves and scammers rarely do this and as said I (and others) have had no calls since using it.

Call Barring will only work when the users number matches the line they are calling from and scammers spoof the numbers so they are fake.

Check out Callsafe here - https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/about-callsafe#11806

You can also manage your approved numbers in My Account.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
badmood
Wizz Kid

Why do i get scam calls from India everry time i come here ? is this site NOT secure ???.

Anyone else notice this ?.. It is about time TT put a stop to the scam calls from THEIR call centres ...

badmood
Wizz Kid

WHY has my post been moved to an older post ?????? This has nothing to do with the old one, I come on here to read a few posts and bang get scam calls from india ,, what are you trying to hide ????....

This was a NEW question not a addition to the old one...

fr8ys
Community Star

As the only other participant to this thread, I received a message to say that they had been merged. Looking at the issues, I can only assume someone thought they were linked, as I did when I read the content.

I'm not sure what you are looking for here, as there are tools that TalkTalk provide that will mitigate scam calls, and a reporting tool for numbers so they can be centrally blocked.

As to your assertion that it's TalkTalk centre staff making the calls, can you substantiate this? Coming to a website will not initiate calls to you.

This is an industry-wide issue, and as said there are tools to help. 

I did try to offer help previously, and as you did not respond assumed your issue was resolved. Did you try Callsafe? Do you report scam numbers?