alleged phone call from talktalk about router problem

4 REPLIES 4
Whizz Kid

Received another phone call alegedly from a Talktalk tech saying my router had registered problems.

An 'out of area'caller ID was registered so I asked the caller where he was calling from he said London.

I then asked for his phone no., he replied '10804241820' - (the man sounded Malaysian)

This is not the first time I've benn called like this, but I usually put the phone down straightaway.

Any thoughts please?

Community Star

If it sounds like a scam and smells like a scam, it's a scam.

Team Player

I've been having these type of calls for over a month now. Heres the link to whats been happening to me.

http://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Let-s-beat-the-scammers-together/Scam-attempt-pc-hijack/m-p/19583...

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who are you are not allowed to criticise
First Timer

I have been receiving calls like this for a long time now from a foreign sounding person purporting to be from TalkTalk technical dept. claiming that I have internet connection problems. Is this a genuine call from TalkTalk?

TalkTalk team

Hi @regorrenrut if the contact was from TalkTalk they would ask you to complete a full verification process and you would have been expecting the call. In the event you ever suspect that the call is not from our centre or has arrived unprompted then its always safer to hang up and call the team directly to discuss any technical issues you maybe having.

Scammers use these techniques to fish for people who are willing to hand over bank details etc.

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 09.11.00.png

Thank you, DB1980