phone calls

2 REPLIES 2
micklynn
Participant

had 3 calls over last 2 days saying from talktalk telling me i have a problem with my router,when i asked how do i know you are from talktalk he said i can tell you your address,postcode,phone number and customer number.asked if my router was on and how many lights were on,then asked me to turn my computer on and he could fix it.i said if i have a problem send me a new router,which he said he would do and an engineer would come and fit it.i then said i will finish this call now and ring talktalk on a number i have the phone went dead.i am presuming this is a scam or have i just upset talktalk call center staff

Community Team

Hi micklynn

It was a scam call, Things to remember TalkTalk will never:

Call you to advise we have detected a fault in your router and ask you to install any software

Never call you to state you are being disconnected due to a fault

Use your TalkTalk account number to prove a call is genuine.

Ask you to provide your full password - we'll only ever ask for two digits in order to protect your security.

Ask for your bank details to process a refund - if you're a TalkTalk customer, your bank details are already registered on our systems.

Ask you to send us money through services such as Moneygram or Western Union. Scammers do this to prevent transactions from being traced back to them.

You could also try activating CallSafe , which has been proven to deter scam calls and allows you top block any number, You can read about it on our help page About CallSafe

Regards

micklynn
Participant

Thanks for message, thought is was a scam but needed to make sure, can't use call safe as we have family who have with held numbers who need to get through