Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Essential SIM - minutes left ?

4 REPLIES 4
trusadh
Chatterbox

I recently received an Essential SIM for intended use as 'a backup' in my old (non-smart) phone. I have met a problem in easily seeing the minutes used/left:

"My Account" on a PC is always very slow to load and sticks at "Preparing dashboard" - a reload of the page usually eventually loads the page (I use the latest Firefox and disabling Adblock makes no difference). The usage information only seems to be updated for the following day and is not immediately accurate.

Cannot use the "My TalkTalk App" on a non-smart phone.

Is there some sort of a short dial code to return the usage as, e.g. with GiffGaff ?

Any other acceptable solution?

Thanks to all.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @trusadh

I'd suggest you set up a Usage Alert.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

trusadh
Chatterbox

Thanks for the suggestion Gondola.

Looks like the Usage Alerts will be automatically sent by default and do not require to be set up or requested?  However, still seem to be subject to a delay and not 'real time'.

Gondola
Community Star

...absolutely right. The SMS usage alerts are part of the TalkTalk package and come through automatically.

There are the usual limitations as with any mobile phone service in the real-time reporting of usage so you do need to bear that in mind. The 'accuracy' is going to be more relevant to heavy users than light users.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

trusadh
Chatterbox

Thanks for your great assistance Gondola - much appreciated!