cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Going Crazy. Spent 45 minutes being transferred. O2 Deal.

7 REPLIES 7
fireexit
Team Player

I don't have the energy or motivation to even explain what I have been through for 45 minutes. I hope someone CAN help me here and not say - oh, we have nothing to do with it, we are TalkTalk not O2. 

Basically I liked one of your data package deals with O2. The 4GB pay Monthly deal with 1000 minutes and unlimited texts. I bought the package. Now when I login to the O2 account it says the data is for 3GB not 4GB as advertised by TalkTalk. All I am trying to do is query from anyone who is interested in clearly answering, why is there a diference between what was advertised and what is being sold? No one seems to be interested in answering this or helping me.

Query with TalkTalk and they say - I will put you through to O2

Query with O2 and they say - this is the package you bought.

I have screenshots and URL. 

TalkTalk need to be taken to the Ombudsman for refusing to engage in this or for misselling. ABSOLUTELY SHAMEFUL SERVICE. Sorry I am not shouting, just highlighting. This is not the way to torture your customers. Sell them something and then your reps keep transferring me to all around.

The O2 guys are more friendly. But they cannot see the URL because it apparently gives a bad request. I guess this is because you can only see it when you are logged in as a TalkTalk account holder. This is a shameful state of affairs with TalkTalk.

I want answers as to why a 4GB data package through talktalk only translates to a 3GB data package when it is sold by O2.

The URL where you can see the 4GB clearly mentioned for £8 is https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/great-deals/talktalk

Incase one cannot see the URL because it is only visible through talktalk account, then I have posted the screenshot below. you can see bottom right it says 4GB. That is the data package I bought. But I can only see 3GB in O2's account.

O2 Capture.JPG

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @fireexit 

I have no doubt you've done everything as expected, signed in from your TalkTalk account, selected the 4GB deal and when you click through from that link on the O2 website the deal becomes 3GB.

O2 4GB deal end up as a 3GB purchase.png

It's an issue that needs to be raised with O2 as a misselling complaint.  I've no doubt that O2 customer services are right that you bought the 3GB deal. However, the link through from TalkTalk offers 4GB and the O2 webpage offers 4GB (it's only the click through to the purchase pages that then get changed to 3GB) but you should get 4GB (IMHO).

Gondola - Community support team

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

fireexit
Team Player

Well, right now, the dashboard on O2 when viewed through my computer and through the o2 app shows 3GB and talking to the O2 people is not helping, they say this is what I bought. 

TalkTalk SHOULD get their sales management to fix this. I have spent time from 8:30AM till 10:16AM now dealing with this, because TalkTalk have screwed up something somewhere.

Offering something and then finding out I get something entirely different, and then having to spend my 2 hours chasing and getting nowhere with it, is something I should be compensated for. Not that I want/demand. But TalkTalk's phone customer services are AWFUL. There is a delay in the line during conversations, probably because they are on the other side of the planet. So it feels like they are constantly trying to interrupt, when they are not. The voices are so faint, one can barely hear them. They are extremely unhelpful and not interested in listening, they keep transferring to someone else and with each new person I am having to spend 2-3 minutes verifying all my account details to get anywhere. And finally when I patiently explain everything, they are suddenly not interested and I can almost see that they are trying to pass the call to someone else.  I wonder what the situation is! Are they actually intentionally trying to be dumb or sadist! I don't actually mean it, but I am perplexed with this kind of terrible service on the phone.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @fireexit 

It's an issue that needs to be raised with O2 as a misselling complaint.

fireexit
Team Player

" needs to be raised "
I definitely agree it needs to be raised, but is TalkTalk sitting back and actually waiting for their own customers to spend their personal time and effort in resolving this? This is not the way things are usually done by corporate companies - expecting their customers to do the "tough" bits for them when they find a deal they setup with another company, is not being honoured as it should.

TalkTalk ARE selling this as a deal they have come up with for THEIR customers. They cannot abandon their customers midway and tell them to deal with O2 directly, especially when they are clearly now aware of it. They need to waste no time in picking up the phone and telling O2 that they made a deal with them with the greatest of trust and now O2 are failing their customers and O2 are at risk of misselling and they need to fix it. TalkTalk should not leave it for their own customers to be fighting battles.

TALKTALK salespeople who came up with this deal (and not us your customers ) should get in touch with O2.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @fireexit 

The 4GB deal is on the O2 website. You showed us that and I can see that also.  It's O2 that have missold you the 4GB deal by taking you to a 3GB purchase page.  TalkTalk have no control over the O2 website.

I've given you the link to O2 complaints. Fair enough if you don't want to use that. You have a contract with O2. If that contract is less than 14 days old then you have a right to cancel it but you'll need to contact O2.

fireexit
Team Player

"The 4GB deal is on the O2 website." You are talking exactly like everyone else I encountered at TalkTalk. The O2 guys were a lot more helpful.

It is not our fault, not our problem, nothing to do with us! You guys are advertising the deal!!!!! It is only visible when we click on "My O2 Offers" when I get inside talktalk and login to my talktalk account.

Funny how you are hiding behind "that is a O2 website you've shown" - you guys are actively directing your customers to that account, saying you are offering those deals through O2! 

I think things are big and vast with talktalk that the left hand does not know what the right hand has.

Funny also how you think it is nothing to do with Talktalk, considering I can now show you another screenshot before I was directed to O2 that talktalk is the one who is showing that 4GB advertisement, and considering it is the one who first initiate it are the ones misselling it.

Here is the screenshot what do you say now?

Nothing personal towards you, I have a problem with this entire thing and the way it is being dealt with. 

To advertise something in collaboration with someone and then leaving your customers trapped in this situation and then actually arguing about it, is a terrible way. But this is actually the way I am used to with TalkTalk for nearly 12 years. I keep asking myself why do I stupidly stay with you guys.  I guess I get what I pay for.

I hope you can see the same deal advertised below. Talktalk should contact O2 and tell them that once the purchase moves from talktalk website to o2 website and the customer purchases it, it turns to 3GB. I don't think there is anything wrong in TalkTalk being proactive like that and refusing to engage with this problem is a completely bizarre. Wonder what your CEO would say about this. Would he expect your customers to be fixing your mis-selling? Or TalkTalk should remove that 4GB and display 3GB instead. 

O2 Capture 2.JPG

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @fireexit 

If you wish to make a complaint to TalkTalk about O2 misselling the TalkTalk advertised deal please do so: How do I make a complaint? You'll need to have that escalated to the CEO's office and her team will handle it.

I'll ask the team here to pass your views on to the TalkTalk mobile stakeholder so they're aware of the O2 4GB deal not being available.

You have the O2 complaints detail I gave before so I'll leave you to escalate a formal complaint to O2.