Did you mean: 
Need help?

Help please with PAYG top up URGENT

8 REPLIES 8
aquajen
First Timer

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me.  

My dad has been rushed to hospital with Covid 19 and is really sick.  He took his mobile with him which is an old talk talk PAYG mobile, he probably hasn't even switched it on in years.

I need to top it up for him so that if and when he feels well enough he can call out.  I can't find anything and we are desperate.  We can't call the hospital as they are just overwhelmed and we just want him to be able to call out if he needs to.

Thank you for your help

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

These forums can't help with mobile phones.  Check for separate contact details for them, or wait for a reply from a TT staff member if you are still stuck.

@aquajen,

It may take a day or two for a Talktalk staff member to reach your post. Just wait - don't post again before they reply, as it will send your thread to the back of the queue!

Meanwhile, you can speed things up a little by completing your personal information details for the forum. 

Please update your community profile.

Under "my settings" "personal information"....

Essential to show Landline Phone Number 

Back up smartphone/mobile could be helpful. 

Name
Address (location)

SAVE CHANGES 
Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
aquajen
First Timer

A day or two is more than likely going to be too late.  I was just hoping there may be a top up phone line 😞

Mikem
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @aquajen 

I'm really sorry to hear about your Dad, I hope he gets better soon. TalkTalk Mobile don't offer a PAYG option we just offer pay monthly plans that are paid for by Direct Debit. Could it be a Talk Mobile SIM? Do you know how your Dad normally tops up?

Regards, Mike

aquajen
First Timer

Thanks for your response.

He hasn't topped up in years!  No one knew what provider he was with.  He has home phone and broadband through talk talk, and when you call his number the voicemail message definitely says 'this is the talk talk message service'

No idea!  

I thought he was with o2 but they have confirmed its not one of their numbers. 

Mikem
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @aquajen,

If the Answer machine message gives that message then it looks like it is on our service. It won't be a PAYG service so he should be on a pay monthly with a number of inclusive minutes ready for when he can make a call. I don't have access to mobile accounts so I have passed your query onto the team to look into. It might be worth adding the mobile number into your Community Profile so we can check. If the service is in your Dad's name it might be limited to what information they can give. Please do not post any personal info on here as it’s public.

Regards, Mike

aquajen
First Timer

Thank you so much.

I have added his name, home phone and mobile number into my profile. If someone can just have a look and tell me if its on pay monthly that would be a huge weight off our minds.  Looks like he may have changed it over.

SocialTeamEmma
TalkTalk Social Team

Hi aquajen,

I've sent a PM to confirm a couple of details so we can take a quick look at the account for you.

Thanks

Emma

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

SocialTeamEmma
TalkTalk Social Team

To confirm you're the account holder can you reply to me via PM (Personal Message) with the following information: 

• Full Name
  • Home telephone number or account number
  • Are you the account holder
  • 1st and 3rd characters of your telephone telephone enquiry password if you have one

NOTE: If you don’t have a telephone password why not add one now check out Setting up your telephone password for details

If password is unknown, confirm the below:
  • Your registered email address:
  • Your registered mobile phone number:  

Note: Please do not post personal information directly in the Forums.

Thanks

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution