would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How do I cancel Essential Sim?

ANSWERED
8 REPLIES 8
Scottjh1989
Popular Poster

Hi, my broadband contract is up with TalkTalk now and when I first signed up to TalkTalk, I added the Essential Sim boost to my package. I have just recently took out a broadband contract with  another company and was wondering what would happen to my Essential Sim. Will this get cancelled itself or do I have to phone somebody to get it cancelled? I don't want or need it anymore so I would like it cancelled one way or another.

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Scott. If you would like to keep your number simply request a pac number and then when your new supplier takes over your contract would automatically terminate.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Keeping-your-mobile-number/ta-p/2204454 for more info.

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Scottjh1989
Popular Poster

Thanks for the reply.

I read the link you sent me and it says I would need to phone TalkTalk to cancel it, but you said it would automatically terminate once my contract with my new supplier starts. So I'm getting mixed messages here.

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Scott, sorry about that I have that effect on people. The scenario I proposed was one where you keep your number and transfer it to a new supplier. Tt are saying you need to phone them, I'd just bite the bullet and phone them when you are ready😀

In case my advice is totally useless I've flagged your post for assistance someone who is paid to be right will pick this up in the coming hours.

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
chrisb1953
Wizz Kid

I transferred my number to another supplier late last year and the online account says the number is 'discontinued' but at the moment still get monthly emails saying my mobile account bill is £0.00. My mobile account is displayed when logging on. I'm assured the emails hould stop, let's see. But will my mobile account also close ? 

Scottjh1989
Popular Poster

Can anybody tell me what will happen if I DON'T cancel it? Will I still pay the same amount or will it go up in price? I currently pay £3, but I would assume that it would go up if I stayed on it now that I have left TalkTalk Broadband.

Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi @Scottjh1989 

Here's the detail about cancelling your TalkTalk broadband and what happens to the TalkTalk mobile service: Cancel your TalkTalk service "Your mobile service will continue, but because our mobile plans are exclusive offers for TalkTalk customers only, you may have to pay mobile charges if you cancel your other services with us."

The Essential SIM contract is a standalone contract. If you're thinking of straight cancellation then it's on 30 day notice. Call the TalkTalk mobile team on 0345 172 0044.

If you keep the contract running then the TalkTalk discount for TalkTalk broadband customers ceases so you'll expect to pay £5 a month. Bear in mind that TalkTalk have flagged up that they will be ceasing the TalkTalk Mobile service some time soon so eventually you'll need to consider porting the number to another operator if you wish to keep it.

If you wish to keep the number and port that to another mobile operator then call TalkTalk Mobile on 0345 172 0044 and ask for a PAC code. Here's the details: Keeping your mobile number 

Gondola - Offline : No posts or PM's

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Scottjh1989
Popular Poster

Thank you for the reply. I called the number above and cancelled, thanks for all of the help.

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

...you're very welcome, on behalf of myself and Divsec, and thank you for taking time out to come back and let us know.

Gondola - Offline : No posts or PM's

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer