cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

I need a nano SIM card for my new mobile.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I've tried to get in touch with TalkTalk but was told rudely that there was no support for mobile phones and a new SIM card can't be supplied.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @anthonymellors43 

You've not contacted the right people. Just acknowledging your request for a SIM swap.

Please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile recommended). Add full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the mobile phone number and mobile account number for the nano SIM request etc and then save changes.

A TalkTalk Team member (TT Staff) will pick up and action the request.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Chatterbox

I've tried in vain to get anyone at TalkTalk to understand that my micro sim card needs replacing with a nano card. But I just get told that TalkTalk offers no support for mobiles. My mobile account is TalkTalk. Website says it is easy to request a swap then directs to a number of options, none of which provide any way of doing this. Please could you supply a new card?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Anthony

Please update your Community Profile as per post 2 above.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Have filled in form as suggested. Meanwhile, I went again to chat, only to be sent a link to My Account, which takes me back to wherew I started. There is no way in My Account you can request a change of card!! What the hell is going on? The whole thing is a ludicrous maze.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Anthony

It would be ideal if TalkTalk did provide a SIM swap link in your MyAccount. But there isn't one right now.

TalkTalk do have planned maintenance on MyAccount starting in 20 minutes.  TalkTalk rarely reveal in advance what changes are being made so maybe you'll strike lucky after 9am tomorrow? Who knows!

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Hello Gondola: I followed your advice seven days ago but have had no reply from TalkTalk and no card. New iphone is useless.
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Anthony

I escalated this topic on 25 April for your SIM swap request. You're in the queue for TalkTalk attention.

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Thank you - I'm relieved there's someone out there! Best wishes, Anthony
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi anthonymellors43,

Sorry for the delay in our reply.

I've requested a replacement SIM for you. This will arrive within 5 working days.

Thanks

Emma

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

Highlighted

Can you PM over the SIM card number please?

Thanks

Emma

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you very much for helping: I now have the new SIM card! Unfortunately, I can't activate yet because the new phone arrived without a charger and I've now been waiting for over a month for the supplier to send it to me. A ridiculous state of affairs but hardly TalkTalk's fault. A

Highlighted