Mobile support

For any questions about your TalkTalk mobile service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the free sim with broadband a false hook?

foxyglen
First Timer
Message 5 of 6

Hi same thing happened to me when \I signed up...still no sim very dissapointed. this is false selling. have no problem with broadband and phone but wanted a sim too 

Glenda fox
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Glenda, have you received the Free Essential Sim and confirmation that the discount is the full £5 a month?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi @foxyglen

The qualifying date is the date of the start of contract. (Although claiming isn't until after go-live date)

Your qualifying date is past the cut-off date for the free Essential Sim.

However, if the field agents induced you to sign up with the offer of a free Sim then it's up to you if you wish to make a complaint.  I'll make TalkTalk aware of this situation.

Any customer can claim an Essential Sim. The Sim value is £5. The previous discount was £5 making it free but that discount has been reduced for new customers to £2 making the price £3 with that £2 discount. So it's still good value...

The Essential Sim is normally 5 working days for delivery.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

cobtract start date 26/7/2017.. installed 4/8/2017. signed up with field agents in wombwell, Barnsley.. spoke over the last weeks to different field agents and all said free sim. Telephoned and told will have to pay...been on chat told have to pay. Surpose to be contacted by manager... no call.  chat again last week and told will send one...not arrived yet one showing on bill but not activated....

Glenda fox
0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi @foxyglen

What was your contract start date, i.e. the date you got your acknowledgement email from TalkTalk accepting your order?

Don't reveal your actual address but I assume these field agents are in a town centre / shopping mall?  Where they are would be helpful.

Did you sign up via one of these agents?

As for the existing order, you should receive your SIM card within 5 working days. You'll need to progress that with the mobile team as the support guys on Community don't have access to mobile orders or billing. 

Please make sure you have your account details to hand when you call and call free from your TalkTalk landline : 0345 172 0044  Mobile team advisors are available 8am – 8pm 7 days a week.

0 Likes

foxyglen
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

I signd up to talk talk and was told I would get a free sim but to telephone for it. When I did I was told there was no free sim and I would have to pay £3. I said I was told by field agents that it was free and put in a complant. I was thentold the mnager would ring me the day after...this was over a week ago no one got in touch. So I went on chat last week and requested a sim, someone called paul it woud be sent...,still no sim...Scam or what??? Also field agents still saying free sim in our area last week.

Dissapointed ,

Glenda fox
0 Likes