Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Larger Mobile Data Boosts

2 REPLIES 2
BobZucchini
First Timer

The free essential sim included in my broadband package offers 500mb of free data. There are two 'mobile boosts' available - an extra 150mb for £2.50 or an extra 500mb for £5. This means that the maximum data allowance within the essential sim package is 1gb and costs £5. I feel there should be more choice e.g. 1gb or 2gb packages or there could be the possibility of adding multiple boosts in order to create a more suitable mobile data plan.

Jimroy
Participant

I would like to know this too. My SIMO contract with Vodafone is ending next week and I was hoping to port my number over to my Essential SIM. But my average monthly data usage is 1.5 to 2 gb, so can you add the 500mb boost again when it runs out or do you have to wait until the start of the next billing period? Ideally I'd like what you're suggesting.

Jimroy
SteveB58
Popular Poster

I agree, my Data usage is usually around 2 gig as I use navigation a lot.  I've been with TalkTalk many years now (almost from its creation) and they have pretty much kept their fingers on the pulse of what the customer needs.  They've missed a trick here as I think there are lots of people out there that will be put off by the lack of  a decent data package (my daughter is one of them).

Why not have a BOOST+ option, where you can add managable chunks of any extras.... Data or minutes.

Steve B
We should all be responsible for our personal space