Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Mobile Data in Greece

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I have a free sim and have just returned from Greece whilst there I could use my phone as normal but on mobile data non of the search engines worked, everything was fine on wifi but as soon as I switched to mobile data Google, Chrome, Firefox etc would just stall. On mobile data I could send and receive messages on Facebook, Whatsapp, messenger etc, can someone explain why? I tried to contact Talktalk to help me but, and I know you will not believe me, I had to wait until I returned to the uk to sort it out, now how insane is that!!

Highlighted
Community Star

TalkTalk do ask that you activate your mobile service for use abroad before leaving the UK.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Using-TalkTalk-Mobile-abroad/ta-p/2204471

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Did you read my post? all mobile data worked except the search engines

Highlighted
Community Star

So you had notified them before travelling? And it is all working OK now?

Highlighted
Popular Poster

It works fine in the UK and on wifi, in Greece everything worked, I used mobile data everyday, Whatsap, Facebook, Maps etc, it was just when looking up any topic on a search engine that it stalled. Just tried the customer service number, no luck from them

Highlighted
Community Star

OK, well if you do get to the bottom of it please let us know.

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Solution

I think something strange must have happened on the plane or on arrival in Greece as search engines are no longer working in the UK and they worked at the airport on the way out of the UK. Maybe the scanner in security upset my phone, I have just reset the phone and its searching on mobile data now, so not just a Greek thing, it was a coincidence.

Highlighted
Community Star

Thanks for that. With the limited amount of data available perhaps it was for the best?