Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Mobile upgrade

10 REPLIES 10
Jay260873
Participant

Hi..in my mobile account it's says I can upgrade now..but when I press the link it says url something and doesn't show anything..I have tried different browsers as well..

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Jay260873 

Here's the page you are looking for: Mobile upgrade offers from O2.  All mobile deals are now provided to TalkTalk customers by O2.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Jay260873
Participant

Well I been with talk talk for ages..so to upgrade I have to go through o2..who done a credit check and said I can't have one??..so what happens now..just cancel talk talk one coz the phone won't last 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Jay260873 

TalkTalk provides the introduction to discounted TalkTalk deals with O2 but the contract is with O2. They can decline to give anyone credit. TalkTalk has no say in the matter but normally a good credit history with payments on time with TalkTalk would be a favourable indicator on your credit record.

Try another mobile company.  You can often find handset deals that are comparable with or better than O2's.

Just remember that if you wish to keep your mobile number to get a PAC code from TalkTalk. If you get a new number from a new provider you'll need to call TalkTalk to give 30 days' notice of ceasing your TalkTalk Mobile service.  I assume you're out of contract with TalkTalk i.e. just on a rolling month by month contract?

Bobajob1
Conversation Starter
I rec'd an email from T/T this week regarding a sim only deal, 3gb data, 1000 mins plus unlimited texts for £6 per month. (I am a legacy T/T mobile customer). Went though the online form but no final button to complete. I rang the number at the top of the O2 page, went via T/T (!) to O2 and they stated they were aware of this email but that the deal did not exist. I was worried in case this was a scam but after a lengthy call with O2 and with confirmation texts to reassure me, they gave me the deal albeit with only 2gb data. I accepted and can confirm my O2 account has been updated and is correct.
What a faff and what is going on?
Bobajob1
Conversation Starter
Any comment regarding my question?
Gondola
Community Star

You said you'd accepted a 2GB deal from O2.

What I see is this on the O2 website - bottom left is the 3GB deal for £6.

O2 3GB deal.png

And when I click the Buy now link I see the order:

O2 3GB deal 1GB plus 2GB.png

A 1GB tariff with a 2GB free topup for 12 months. I think that is the advertised 3GB for £6 deal isn't it?

If it were me I'd make a complaint of misselling direct to O2.

Red_Shoes
Popular Poster

My £3 contract was ending so went through the same route yesterday and clicked on £5 contract it said no longer available contact o2 which I did advisor said she’d never heard of this offer with TT so went for advice and came back with same answer I eventually settled for £6 1gb 1000mins unlimited texts but why is the offer not acknowledged by 02

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Red_Shoes 

Going via the TalkTalk MyAccount and the O2 offers via the Connect to O2 button I see the SIM only deals including the 750MB for £5 deal and when selected that gets added to the basket to buy. Seems ok here.

But the 1GB for £6 deal is a good deal also.

Red_Shoes
Popular Poster
Thanks but why do o2 not acknowledge the link with Talk Talk?
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Red_Shoes 

I have no knowledge of the extent of O2's training of their customer service agents in knowing of the existence of special offers for TalkTalk customers.  I'd guess that the O2 agent you spoke to just didn't know of the special deals but the manager that the O2 agent spoke to put them right. 

A bit like my chat to a TalkTalk loyalty team agent and I asked for the renewal deal on the same terms as offered to new customers. The response I got was "I'm a third-party agent and don't have those deals to offer"... So, just not trained / not aware / not authorised.