cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

SIM REPLACEMENT

3 REPLIES 3
First Timer

I am desperately trying to get a new sim card for my dad because i tried to cut his old one down to fit his new phone but it didn't work.  Now we can't video call him it's aweful and i feel horrible because it was my fault.  It doesn't seem to be an easy thing to get a replacement sim because there are no links, no 'new sim pleae' box to tick, just vague info and loops which take you round and round various talktalk websites and pages, i have joined this community,  i have left messages which you don't get a reply so you don't know if anybody is reading them,  i have filled in a form asking for dad to be classed as vulnerable because he is old and disabled, and for me to be the contact, just so i can ask for a new sim.

Please can someone help me order a sim card for my lonely vulnerable dad?

dan
Highlighted
Community Star

There are security measures to observe here, I am not sure that you can order a SIM for other than yourself, but I will leave the support team to advise further. Do be patient for a response at this exceptionally busy time. 

Highlighted
First Timer

Oh thank you so much i really don't seem to be able to find out any information, apart from 'contact us'.  Dad's given me his log in details and passwords for talktalk mail, i've signed in and tried to find a link or anything that told me(signed in as dad) where or how to order a new sim but i'm just going round and round to 'contact us' or 'my account' or anything else but actual instructions.  I've joined this community trying to find out, and i've possibly registered dad as vulnerable and me as his contact (no reply yet)  just trying find somewhere i can ask the question.  He can send an email, or use the house phone and speak to talktalk, but i can't tell him to phone this number, or send this email, because i can't find out how to order a new sim card.  I know it's terrible times for everyone and everything is taking longer, and thank you very much for your response i'm so grateful

Dan.

dan
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi hippydan,

I've sent a PM to confirm some details to see if we can help.

Thanks

Emma

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution