Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sim Card

5 REPLIES 5
hootrz
Participant

I am currently using the TalkTalk essential sim card, which is perfect for me as I do not ant to switch to O2.

The problem is my essential sim is the standard sim size (its large) and I want to know if I would be able to get a Nano sim card from TalkTalk, so I can upgrade my phone to something newer, all the latest phones only take nano sims now?

Can anyone help? 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @hootrz 

Yes, you'll be able to get a different size SIM card. Here's the advice article: TalkTalk SIM swap.

TalkTalk support options are here: Contact us.  Try LiveChat or Messenger on the MyTalkTalk mobile app (8am to 10pm). Text messages only to the LiveChat agents can be sent to 07403 941724.

Calls to Customer Services on 0345 172 0088 are free from your TalkTalk landline 'phone (8am to 8pm). Option 2 for TalkTalk Mobile or call 0345 172 0044.

There are some changes over Christmas so see Our Christmas opening hours

For calls to Customer Service agents from a mobile, call 0203 441 5550. (8am to 8pm) When calling TalkTalk the automated phone service will ask for a mobile number if you'd like to continue your call via text message. You'll get a text and you reply with your question and the support team will answer.

Bear in mind that TalkTalk Mobile is scheduled to close in this coming year. So at some time you'll need to make a decision about moving to a different mobile provider. When you come to that point you may find this article helpful. Cancel your TalkTalk Mobile service.

The easy way to take your existing number to a new provider is to request a PAC, send the word PAC to 65075.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

hootrz
Participant

Thank you for the detailed reply Gondola. I have just had a chat with a advisor/agent and they are sending me a Nano sim card out within the next two working days, free of charge.

Thank you again and happy new year to you:)

Gondola
Community Star

Hi hootrz 

Excellent and easy.  Nice one.

Have a great New Year's Eve celebration and a fantastic new year in 2020.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

hootrz
Participant

I  have logged on to my account to try to activate my new nano sim card. 

The problem is, this is pasted from my account.

You should only complete your SIM swap once you receive your new SIM in the post. If you activate your SIM before you receive it your current service will stop.

Mobile number: **************

Check the serial number on your new SIM matches the number below.

SIM serial number:*removed*

This is not the serial number on the back of my new sim card, my sim card only has 19 digits as well. Can anyone help? or has anyone had this problem happen to them.

hootrz
Participant

I have solved it now! Incase anyone else has this problem when swapping sim cards. The serial number on the sim and your account does not have to match, just insert your new sim card and click on the complete sim swap button.

I waited around 10 mins then I was up and running.