Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Simply Broadband with Mobile

5 REPLIES 5
Cosmic42
Popular Poster

I will soon be switching providers for my internet. I have Simply Broadband which includes mobile. I have never activated the sim card, don't even know where it is. Will I have to cancel that as well, as I have no interest in it and obviously don't want to be charged.

Thanks

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Cosmic42 

Don't worry about the unactivated SIM card. If cards are not activated within a period, usually 6 months, they're automatically withdrawn and the number reallocated to a new SIM card.

And TalkTalk Mobile is expected to cease within the year.

Good luck with your new broadband provider.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

Cosmic42
Popular Poster

Thank you for the reply. On my account page it does say disconnected but I thought that was because I had not activated it. Maybe a good Idea would be to remove it from account pages that do not use it. But anyway thanks for the confirmation.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Cosmic42 

An active MyAccount will keep track of services that are disconnected and you'll not be billed for those.

You'll find when you leave TalkTalk your MyAccount will remain active for 12 months for final billing etc.  You'll find in due course that there will be a red banner notice advising the date that your services were disconnected.

Your final bill 

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

Cosmic42
Popular Poster

Brilliant thank you. One thing I've learnt today is that I should of used the forums for help instead of calling. Anyway that's it from me, I've farmed enough badges to keep me happy for a lifetime 🙂

Gondola
Community Star

...you're entirely welcome. Come back and see us soon.  In the meantime here's some sad song lyrics for you...

It's so sad, that you're leaving
It takes time to believe it
But after all is said and done
You're gonna be the 4 badge one