Mobile support

For any questions about your TalkTalk mobile service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk 2 Go.

friar1
Conversation Starter
Message 20 of 20

For the last 3months or more,this handy app has not been working with me,saying your service does not allow use of app.(Or close to this)

Last week put in a complaint to talk  talk,because they say that, because I upgraded to fibre large with calls,am not allowed it.

So annoyed,no reponse from talk talk yet,probably not going to be.

Anyone else in this situation?

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Mikemmb
Chat Champion
Message 1 of 20

Wow you are not going to believe this, but last night I went onto the TT My account webpage, resent a PIN to my mobile, Logged In and everything was fixed, phone calls all over the place, fantastic..........THEN I WOKE UP, IT WAS A DREAM.

This morning back to the same NIGHTMARE!

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

@maniben wrote:
Guess you are lucky then. I always get ERR_GEN-NO-002 when trying to register. hence no going further for us then.

you never consider yourself lucky when you are a TalkTalk customer emoticon.joytears.title

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20
Guess you are lucky then. I always get ERR_GEN-NO-002 when trying to register. hence no going further for us then.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

@maniben wrote:
Trouble is it cant generate the code either. Nor thru the pc nor the handset. So just cant proceed further. HOw did you manage to get the codes then?

I just went through the process on my phone and got a text message with the code.  

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20
Trouble is it cant generate the code either. Nor thru the pc nor the handset. So just cant proceed further. HOw did you manage to get the codes then?
0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

@maniben wrote:
Have tried it so many times. Just doesnt work. What could i be missing ? Using Android Marshmallow 6 on a Lenovo K5 note.

i don't know ? one time i reset my phone and it must have taken 10-20 attempts and then suddenly it went through.

all i can say is after every failed attempt , clear the cache restart the phone and don't use the same code again and if possible leave a good interval before trying again ( several hours or even 24 ) 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20
Have tried it so many times. Just doesnt work. What could i be missing ? Using Android Marshmallow 6 on a Lenovo K5 note.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

i am using a samsung galaxy S6 edge and Android 7.0 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20
Which handset and OS versionare you using? Maybe, that has a bearing on the process you described?
0 Likes

skygrowler
Insightful One
Message 10 of 20

i had to factory reset my phone this week and after reinstalling T2G i re-registered without any problem , just keep trying and after each failed attempt clear cache and restart your phone before trying again is all i can suggest .

0 Likes

Rik85Sheff
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 20

I know there's been some problems with registering the app as the status page stated so a few days ago but all seems fine now.

It's certainly a good concept, I use it when I'm out as some people phone my landline so I divert calls to that and answer when I'm not at home, also good for when I'm running low on mobile minutes as I can use my Anytime Calls boost on my mobile.

Have you got the other app - MyTalkTalk? That's useful too. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

That's how it is for me,and they say it's because I upgraded to fibre large!!!

Think we should report to bbc Watchdog.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Re installing the app for me makes no difference as it's registering the app that is the problem.

If you have the app and it's already registered then it should work but if for any reason you have to re install it or re register it then it doesn't work.

I've been unable to use this app for 5 months now and still no Info from TalkTalk about a fix, TalkTalk should be ashamed of the way it treats its customers.

0 Likes

friar1
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 20
Will try again, but did 3 weeks ago.Thanks for idea!

Rik85Sheff
Conversation Starter
Message 15 of 20

Have you tried to un-install it and then re-install it?

It's working on my Samsung mobile and I've used it recently. 

0 Likes

friar1
Conversation Starter
Message 16 of 20

Thanks for detailed reply.Have done customer complaint,if no reply may try Watchdog(BBC).

Maybe Ofcom,don't fancy being on tv.

They do give you the run around,in the hope you give up.

Will keep you posted,and thanks.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20
There isnt a direct number you will get. Go through the normal technical help /complaints department and insist on lodging a complaint with a ref numer. They will give you the run around and excuses and managers and supervisors and all that jazz( warning: there are many many fault managers strewn all over aka more Chiefs than Injuns). Keep persisting and finally await a call from them in 5 to 10 days. Their runaround can drive anybody mad and frustrate the hell out of anyone. They will also want to test your landline/broadband first ! Although it has no bearing on your issue. (just because it is in their script to follow hoping to make you pull your hair out). Oh, and wait for the gentle and subtle suggestions/ arms twisting, of wanting to send out an engineer, just to check your line and ensure you have plugged everything correctly ! I have bee throught it all lately. Sheer madness, I'd say.
0 Likes

friar1
Conversation Starter
Message 18 of 20
How do you contact CEO office?
0 Likes

maniben
Philosopher
Message 19 of 20
Thats a big lie. Complain to CEOs office. Posting on here about this app is a wasted effort, because NOBDOY gives a toss (they dont even read), nor do the call centres have a clue. Some dont even know that this app exists, they have been so dumbed down by lack of training and only script reading). We are working hard, though.
0 Likes