cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Talk2Go Registration issue

29 REPLIES
Highlighted
YORKYUK
Chat Champion

Hi,

On the Talktalk site it still mentions that you can use the Talk2Go App and about it's advantages, but I have never been able to register for it.

I have tried again and still get this error message:-

We're sorry, the system is unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later.

TalkTalk is this App still working or has it been pulled?

I tried ages ago but it failed and this was blamed on the TalkTalk hack, but that was ages ago.  If the App is no longer available then TalkTalk need to stop advertising it as an ongoing App.

I have also attached a screenshot of the error message on my phone.

swiveleyedloon
Participant

I've been trying to get this issue resolved for months and still not getting any Idea as to what is happening. In another thread someone says it has been withdrawn, The guys on Twitter told me it was in the testing stage so it;s anyones guess what is really going on.

The only thing I do know is that we are being treated appalinglly by TalkTalk but that's nothing new is it.

YORKYUK
Chat Champion

Even today TalkTalk sent an email out regarding "Going abroad this summer? Read this first", and one of the Tips was:-

4 top tips for using your mobile abroad
 Make free calls with our Talk2Go app
Download the app to make free phone calls over Wi-Fi, saving your allowance for when you need it and removing any roaming costs.

Why are they still pushing the App when you can't even register for it?

It seems amatourish and embarrassing to me that they can push this App while customers can't even use it.

swiveleyedloon
Participant

According to the google playstore there was an update to this app on 14/6/17 and it says

"What's new-Fix for registration issue preventing some users to register the Talk2Go app"

I've reinstalled the new app and tried to send a pin from my account and once again get this message

"We're sorry, the system is unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later.
Please contact the Customer Care on 0870 444 1820 (FREE from your TalkTalk landline) if you are still unable to register the Talk2Go app."

Tried registering from the phone and get this message

"ERR_GEN_NO_002 We're sorry, the system is unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later."

So it looks as if the new fix is not a fix at all.

skygrowler
Insightful One

i recently had to reset my phone and found i was getting this error message .

i don't have a confirmed solution but i found that if i kept trying to register repeatedly i would get sent 3-4-5 activation codes and then when i tried to register i would be told that all the codes had expired or various other error codes .

so i tried once a day to register and if i did not get accepted i left it for at least 24 hours and then reinstalled the app ,re-registered and requested a new code and eventually it accepted the code .

i can be no more accurate than this but all i can say is be patient and start from scratch if possible at the same time every day .

one more thing you could try clearing cache and restarting phone each time .

worked for me .

friar1
Conversation Starter

I think TalkTalk have not got this working,pity since was handy to use.

Fed up with ringing them now.

YORKYUK
Chat Champion

@

friar1
Conversation Starter

Three times, have spoken to App. support who say next week will be working.

skygrowler
Insightful One

friar1 wrote:

Three times, have spoken to App. support who say next week will be working.

and what ..... you don't believe them ?  Face with tears of joy

friar1
Conversation Starter

Last time I spoke to Talk Talk for 35 mins on phone,they said it was because I had upgraded from fibre standard, to large and therefore not entitled to talk2go registration.

Crazy isn't it!!!!!

Community Team

Hi YORKYUK, have you tried again since the 19th July? I can see you had an open order on the system until then and that can stop the app registration process.

Community Team

To everyone else the app is live and working. We ran a test registration this week and it worked ok. If you've got orders in process for package changes etc they can cause issues.

YORKYUK
Chat Champion
Yes I tried yesterday and still get the same errors.
YORKYUK
Chat Champion
I have tried numerous times over the last year when I had no open orders and always get the error messagers like the other users have also mentioned.
maniben
Philosopher
It is a big lie again. Just tried it, and doesnt work. Same situation as before. I have no pending orders for along time ! What an excuse for an app not to work . Its getting beyond a joke now, only if it were not so funny.
YORKYUK
Chat Champion

@OCE_Ady

Are you able to look into our individual accounts to see what the issue is, as clearly we have issues registering?

Community Team

YorkYuk, the answer is that I don't have that sort of access. I've had a chat with the product manager for the app and he's confirmed that there is a fix due out for registration issues and it's scheduled for the next two weeks. I know that you've been repeatedly told that we're working on it etc, but this came from the horses mouth although to be fair the product manager is human not a horse.

maniben
Philosopher
Horses don't lie. But humans............well !
maniben
Philosopher
Haven't we been there before ? The within 2 weeks fix coming soon ? Anyone in the technical department will tell you the same thing and has been going on forever. Who is this horse (sorry product owner/manager )you are referring to and why cant you give more detailed excuses ? Can you provide some direct contact details? Why does this department have to be so secretive and unreachable? It seems to me just like another brush off.
dappodan1
Chat Champion

Myaccount page was down for maintenance yesterday, did TT fix the Talk2go registration? ....true to form they completely ignored the issue.