Mobile support

For any questions about your TalkTalk mobile service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail is delayed 1 month before I am notified

bf1-1
Whizz Kid
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

I have a Samsung S8 and last night the voicemail notification icon appeared in my notifications bar saying I had 6 voicemails. When I called the number, the first message was from 14 Feb, and the other 5 messages were 14-24 Feb. Yesterday was 14 March, and this was the first time I was notified of any messages waiting.

Something similar happened in December. I was notified on 24 Dec and when I listened to the voicemail, it had been left on Dec 17.

Why the delay?

Thanks.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Brilliant. Thanks bfi-1   Your solution fixed my answerphone message alterts. (Discovered a ten day old message in the process)!  Chris  

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7
0 Likes

bf1-1
Whizz Kid
Message 3 of 7

Thanks. I Googled for the text of your suggestion to find your source and found my answer. 

By calling the voicemail number, I found Mailbox Settings on option 4 and one of them was Alerts. I selected something like "alert notifications" then hung up. I got someone to 'phone me and leave me a message and instantly I got the notification pop up. So it turned out to be a mailbox setting.

Not sure why I still received very belated notifications earlier, but I guess it's fixed now. Thanks for the help. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

It could potentially be the phone,  try (taken from the android website)

Go to text message icon on the home screen, go to voicemail then to menu then settings. Once settings is open go to menu again and restore default settings. Then reboot phone.

That worked for another S8.

0 Likes

bf1-1
Whizz Kid
Message 5 of 7

It seems to be ongoing, because a family member told me they left me a voicemail 3 days ago and I've still not been notified. What can be done?

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi bf1-1

The only reason I can think of, is there was an issue on the Vodafone network which caused the delay. 

Sorry

0 Likes