Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Vulnerable customer but received price rise

9 REPLIES 9
Fedup1232
Team Player

Hi, I am registered as a vulnerable customer with TalkTalk but still received the recent price rise - please can an OCE help.

I would have moved my service from TalkTalk if I knew this would happen.I was told on the phone that my fixed contract price wouldn't rise.

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Fedup1232

Have you only recently registered, ie in the last 30 days ?

Fedup1232
Team Player

Hi @OCEArne,

It was over a month ago- on around 18/3.

I had thought I was already registered as I am with my other providers - electricity,gas etc, but when I checked my account, I couldn't see it, so reregistered,and rang TT to check.

OCE_Arne

I'm afraid that vulnerable customers who registered after 1st March 2021 are subject to the price change.  

Sorry.

Fedup1232
Team Player
Hi @OCEArne,
Thanks for your reply. However this is not what I was told on the phone on 18/3. I rang to ask if I would get the price rise, and I was told that I would not. Can you look into this for me if possible.
Thanks
OCE_Arne

The registration of being vulnerable looks like it happened on the 19th March, Unfortunately the price rise is valid.

Really sorry.  

Fedup1232
Team Player

Hi @OCEArne,

Thanks for your reply, and apology, but I still need this looking into as I cannot afford the price rise, and would have taken the option of leaving/moving to a different contract if I had been given the information before.

I rang TT on 18/3 around 3.20pm specifically to ask about my account, and to check whether the price rise would apply.

Faith in South Africa checked my account and reiterated many times that the price rise would not apply to my account. I explained my situation, and that I would have to leave TT if the price rise applied.

She again said that the price rise would not apply to me.

Please can someone check the transcript of the conversation, as one should expect that if you are given information by a TT employee that it should be correct. 

Thanks for your help on this.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

@Fedup1232, staff are unlikely to reply now before Tuesday, due to the Bank Holiday weekend. 

Chat will be available every day, after 9am.

It shows a blue background banner when it's free:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Or phone on Saturday: 03451 720046.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
Fedup1232
Team Player
Thanks @Gliwmaeden2 , I will wait until next week for a reply from an OCE.
Unfortunately due to a recent bereavement I don't have the time over the weekend to spend on TT's chat system which can take hours!!
OCE_Arne

Hi @Fedup1232

Unfortunately once the price increase has been applied it cannot be rolled back, I'm sure that there are something that can be done to reduce your monthly costs.  

I will need to confirm some security questions so I have sent you a PM.