cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to cancel and disconnect landline and broadband. What haapens to Essential SIM?

5 REPLIES 5
rorz0001a
Conversation Starter

Want to cancel and disconnect landline and broadband. What happens to TT mobile Essential SIM account?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @rorz0001a 

Here's the detail about cancelling: Cancel your TalkTalk service 

The Essential SIM contract is a standalone contract. If you're thinking of cancellation then it's on 30 day notice. Call the TalkTalk mobile team on 0345 172 0044.

If you keep the contract running then the TalkTalk discount for TalkTalk broadband customers ceases so you'll expect to pay £5 a month. Bear in mind that TalkTalk have flagged up that they will be ceasing the TalkTalk Mobile service some time soon so eventually you'll need to consider porting the number to another operator if you wish to keep it.

If you wish to keep the number and port that to another mobile operator then call TalkTalk Mobile and ask for a PAC code. Here's the details: Keeping your mobile number 

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

rorz0001a
Conversation Starter

hi,

so far tt chatlive have said 'nothing will change' essentail simk will continue at 3quid

tt twitter have said sim will terminate with ll/bb terminate.

tt community have said will continue at 5quid

confused

can one of you pls answer this question definitively tx.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @rorz0001a 

You have had a definitive answer from TalkTalk via LiveChat. Keep the chat transcript and if TalkTalk remove the Essential SIM discount then you can show the transcript as proof you were told otherwise by TalkTalk. i.e. you'll continue to pay £3 a month until TalkTalk cancel the Mobile service. You will get at least a month's notice of that happening.

But if you read the article I linked to Cancel your TalkTalk service you will see that it says definitively "Your mobile service will continue, but because our mobile plans are exclusive offers for TalkTalk customers only, you may have to pay mobile charges if you cancel your other services with us."

Since the Essential SIM price is £5 but discounted to £3 for TalkTalk Broadband customers the definitive answer is the one I gave previously, that you should expect the price to go up to £5 and as the article says, definitely your mobile service will continue"

Surprised that the Social Media crew on Twitter have got it wrong...but they have.

Anyway, you have achieved the best of all scenarios that when you cancel your broadband service you can choose to keep the Essential SIM going at £3 a month because TalkTalk have told you definitively. Just remember that at some time you'll need to consider getting a PAC code from TalkTalk Mobile because the service will be closing.

You can ask for the PAC and ask to be put through to O2 for the deal to transfer your service to O2 at £3 a month which was the deal for transferring Essential SIM customers.

rorz0001a
Conversation Starter

Hi again,

Excellent reply. tt twitter have asked someone to phone me from tt.mob dep. as well.

I like the bit about o2 at3quid. Looks like i will transfer mob at some point soon anyway.

as an aside. the reason i'm dropping tt. ll/bb is because 3 are offering 3g+/4g+ unlimited for 22quid. my ll.bb is 1.5mbps. i can now get 4g+ here at up to 40mbps according to xperia xa1 with 3 sim. and i've tested it with speed testing and got 37mbps without trying too hard.. this could be a game-changer for anyone in rural area with cr*p copper bb like me. i don't use the LL enough to justify keeping it. also: openreach wanted 60k quid to put fibre in locally! LOL

Regards,

rorz

Gondola
Community Star

Hi rorz0001a 

The Government aim is for everyone to have access to at least 10Mbps Broadband by 2020. 

Going from 1.5Mbps to up to 40Mbps in 2019 for a very competitive price is a no-brainer.  In the circumstances it's pretty clear why you're exploring the options.

Let us know your experience with mobile broadband in due course.