would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

cannot activate my talktalksim card

25 REPLIES 25
geraldine68
Popular Poster

hi

i have had a talktalk phone and sim card for nearly a week now and still havent been able to activate it.

it said in the booklet that came with the phone to cal 2883,but when i do it automatically says call ended before it even rings, also i know another way to activate is by logging into my account online, but, again i cannot find my log in email address and i do not know my landline number to register (i do not have a phone plugged into my landline as i do not need it due to everyone in the house having contract mobiles..so therefore do not know the number)...everytime i phone customer services off my daughters mobile they tell me they will activate the new sim card within 4 hours and it still hasnt worked!!

need this sorting asap or i may aswell send the phone back

OCE_Mark
Retired

hi geraldine,

What is displayed on the screen of the phone?

Cheers

🙂

geraldine68
Popular Poster

The phone works as normal,i can use the internet when connected to wifi,but there is a red x on the signal bars at the top,and it says sim not provisioned.

OCE_Mark
Retired

hi geraldine,

can you pop your phone number into your community profile and I can take a look into this for you.

Cheers

🙂

geraldine68
Popular Poster

I do not know the new talktalk sim number, it was not on the sim pack that came with the phone,and it says in the welcome box to dial *#100# and your number will appear but when i do this it says 'connection problem or invalid MMI code' 

OCE_Mark
Retired

hi geraldine,

If you login to my account you should be able to see the number. It should also be on your order confirmation email.

Cheers

🙂

geraldine68
Popular Poster

I didnt receive a conformation email and like i said in the first message i cannot Log in as i do not know my details

OCE_Mark
Retired

hi geraldine,

Hav oyu registered for my account yet? Your login is the email address you register with

try going to my account and asking for a password reset

cheers

🙂

geraldine68
Popular Poster

No i have not registered but when i go to rrgister you need your landline number and i do not know it

OCE_Mark
Retired

hi geraldine,

I need some way of being able to find your account. This is usually easiest with your home phone or account number. Have you reiceved any bills for your landline? Both the above will be on there.

Cheers

🙂

geraldine68
Popular Poster

No never had a bill come through it just comes out of my bank as a direct debit,

geraldine68
Popular Poster

If i send you all my personal details can you not find the landline number for me so i can register it online for my account??

OCE_Mark
Retired

hi geraldine,

Can you PM me your full name, address & post code, the last 4 digits of your bank account number

* Do not post these in your thread.

Cheers

🙂

OCE_Mark
Retired

hi geraldine,

Ive checked your account and I can see that you already have a CEO Complaint open.

For any queries on the progress of the issue you will need to contact your CEO Manager directly.

Cheers

🙂

geraldine68
Popular Poster
Oh for god sake can you arrange for the phone to sent back,i dont want it...never thought activating it woukd be such hard work and when I got a call off the ceo manager they never helped me to activate it thats all I want to do!!!! Surely it cant be that hard for you to give me my landline number when iv gave u all my other details!!! What a joke this company are...dpnt be expecting a full monrhs bill when the first one is due!!! 10 days with a phone I cannot use!! Will be looking for a new broadband provider aswell and make sure everyone I know who is a customer with youdoes the same
OCE_Mark
Retired

hi geraldine,

As advised you need to speak to your CEO manager for all your queries.

Once an issue is with CEO they deal with all question you ahve related to the issue.

If the phone isnt active yet then billing shouldnt commence. Your only billed for active services.

Cheers

🙂

geraldine68
Popular Poster
And how do I get in touch with them?
geraldine68
Popular Poster
Also it says on your website that billing starts 9 days after I receive my sim even if its inactive..even though iv tried everything to activate it and noone seems to be able to help
OCE_Mark
Retired

hey,

When they contacted you did they not give you a direct contact number to call them back directly?

Cheers

🙂

geraldine68
Popular Poster
No