Highlighted
Popular Poster

Over two hours going round in circles on my account trying to order a nano sim

any suggestions? there is no contact link that I could find

rjb
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @RegB2020 

Normally you'd call the TalkTalk mobile team on 0345 172 0044 and they'd send a SIM to you.

TalkTalk Mobile is scheduled to close down very soon. Just awaiting the announcement. So you could take this opportunity to switch to the TalkTalk partner O2 with a discounted deal.

O2 Mobile offer 

Cancel your TalkTalk Mobile service 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Two weeks on from your reply to my post on 10th April, you are now telling people that the request will be picked up by Talktalk, I have not had any acknowledgement from talktalk or a nano sim delivered

I have checked my profile to make sure it is up to date

What else can I do to order a replacement SIM

It is very frustrating, I know we are all on a reduced service, but there must be some way to communicate my request

Suggestions - please

rjb
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @RegB2020 

I see that TalkTalk haven't picked up this thread. It was escalated into their workflow on 10 April.

I'll remind them once more.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I hope the system works for you,

I asked on 10th April and had no success, but following one of your replies, I have been back into my profile and added all the extra information suggested, even though I had already updated my profile to 100% the system told me.

I will wait a short time to see if this is picked up, if not I will have to try posting my request again, as I have found no way to communicate with TT

rjb
Highlighted
Community Star

No need to repost @RegB2020 

I re-escalated your request to the TalkTalk team 4 days ago for a nano-SIM as a SIM swap.

You'll get a TT Staff member reply here on this thread to let you know one is ordered for you.

It's taken a while to get the systems in place for ordering SIM swaps but it's there now.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thank you

OK I will not repost my request, 

I hope TT pick up my request soon, before they get round to cancelling their mobile facility

There was no suggestion when I was filling in my profile online that I needed to add private notes

I think everything is in place from my side

I will look out for a reply from TT

rjb
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi RegB2020,

Sorry for the delay. 

I've requested a Nano SIM is sent out for you. This should be with  you within 5 working days. 

Thanks

Emma

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thank you the SIM arrived Tuesday

BUT

I cannot register it on line I have found the SIM swap information, that says login, get a SIM swap notification at the top of the page  __ NO I do not

The backing card showed my number, so I inserted the SIM into the new phone it searches for networks for me, but I cannot see a Talk Talk network do you operate under another name?

I have powered off my old phone on the assumption both cannot work at the same time

That did not help

So please how do I do a SIM swap when the online instructions don't work

rjb
Highlighted
Popular Poster

following a reply to another customer, I have now put the new SIM number in my private notes

rjb
Highlighted

Thanks, RegB2020. I've asked the team to activate your SIM. This usually takes 48 up to 48 hours after they have received the request. You may need to reboot your handset.

Thanks

Emma

Highlighted
Popular Poster

OK

5pm check, old phone off-line, new phone working

thanks

rjb
Highlighted

Sorry, RegB2020, can you confirm the new SIM is working as we advised? 

Thanks

Emma

Highlighted
Popular Poster

The SIM is now working

Thank you

This query can now be closed

rjb