Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

no text alerts

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi, I have a talktalk sim in a lg k8 Android phone. The problem I have is when I get a text it does not make a alert. If I open the text app after a short while it will then come in, with no alert. If I restart the phone It will work correctly ( making an alert noise ) for a hour or two and then stop alerting me. So far I have reset the phone back to factory setting twice which cured the problem for an hour or two. I then bought another lg k8, set it back to factory settings but I still have the same problem. I have spent hours on this. Can anybody help me.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Andy23,

I'm afraid that sounds like an issue with the set up of the handset. Have you spoken to LG to see what they suggest?

Thanks

Emma

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

Highlighted
First Timer

How can it be a setting? Re-starting the phone cures it for a short time. I have reset the phone twice and this cures it for a while. I have replaced the phone and reset the new one and this cured it for a short time. How can it be a setting? 

Highlighted

Hi Andy,

The notifications are provided through settings on your handset. Are the text messages being received?

Thanks

Emma

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi, Yes I get the texts but only when I open the text program.

Highlighted

That would mean the messages are being delivered over the network, Andy. Do you have a different model handset you can test with? 

Thanks

Emma

Highlighted
First Timer

HI, just letting you know that since moving my phone number away from talktalk to another network the text alerts now work as they should. Every time I get a text I get an alert. What's a shame is that talktalk kept blaming my phone settings, even though I had reset it twice and replaced it with another you still blamed the settings. Andy. PS even this message board fails more than it works with a 'woops' message.