NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collateral : BBC Two : Monday 12 February : 9pm

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 3

Collateral : BBC Two : 12 Feb 9pm

Collateral is a 4-part, police / political thriller for BBC Two written by Sir David Hare (Turks & Caicos) and directed by S J Clarkson (Life on Mars). Starring Academy award nominee Carey Mulligan, the original series for the BBC and Netflix has a stellar cast including John Simm, Nicola Walker and Billie Piper.

Set over 4 days, the police investigation drama explores the personal impacts around the fatal shooting of an illegal immigrant, pizza delivery man, in today's London. Refusing to accept this is a random act of senseless violence, single-minded Detective Inspector Kip Glaspie (Mulligan) is determined to discover if there is a darker truth. Politician David Mars (Simm) becomes instantly embroiled in the drama through his turbulent relationship with single-mum, his ex, Karen (Piper), while Jane Oliver (Walker), a compassionate vicar, struggles to conceal her affair with the only witness to the crime.  S J Clarkson shows the gritty nature of the urban landscape while Hare’s penetrating writing delves into the institutions and state of Britain now.

Here's the trailer:

Thanks to The Forge and BBC

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Hi Michelle

Great writing by David Hare in this drama. The Collateral damage on intertwined lives, mostly unseen by us in our lives fortunately, in institutional Britain today. I particularly liked Carey Mulligan and John Simm's characters both fighting to break through boundaries.

For anyone that hasn't seen the first run transmission there's catch up until the 4 April on iPlayer on the TV Box or connected devices. Highly recommended.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 3

@Gondola I've also been enjoying this 🙂 There have been quite a few good police dramas on TV over the last few months 🙂