cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Assassins Creed Subtitles?

17 REPLIES
Highlighted
GazzVader
Popular Poster

Assassin's CreedAssassin's Creed

Has anybody else bought or rented the talk talk version of "Assassins Creed"..... The one I bought came without subtitles for all of the Spanish scenes & I'm wondering if anybody else's did....

GazVader....
Gondola
Community Star

Lo siento por eso. That’s Spanish for ‘Sorry about that’.

Director Justin Kurzel said, in Total Film magazine, that all scenes in the movie’s historical setting will use Spanish dialogue instead of English. The cut scenes in the games have always been in English due to the Animus having a built-in translator, but the change was made to add authenticity to these scenes.

Have a chat with the TalkTalk TV Store chat team to see if there is a version available with superimposed English subtitles.  The team are available to chat between 9am and 11pm, seven days a week.

I'm guessing that Assassins Creed is classified as English language content. TalkTalk TV Store don’t currently offer subtitles on English language content, but are exploring if this feature can be added in the future.

*Gondola - I'm a PlusTV customer *  Check and Report is now LIVE
GazzVader
Popular Poster

Thanks for the reply.....

But if the main film & DVD release have the Spanish subtitled then surely talk talk should say that this movie comes without the subtitles...How can u enjoy the film without knowing what the dialogue is.......

GazVader....
Gondola
Community Star

... I've found TalkTalk Store to be very good if an alternative version is available.  Sometimes they'll give you this copy particularly as it's wasn't clear from the info quite how much content there is in Spanish. 

The Spanish content was the Director's decision but you're quite right it does make following the action difficult.  Given that the game content is in English so you might have expected the same from the film.

I don't know what TalkTalk Store will say. Maybe wait to Tuesday when the question could be escalated up for an answer.  Let them know you're going to post back here so other customers will know what's on offer. 

GazzVader
Popular Poster

Update for the Assassins Creed issue......

Firstly , thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I rang the TV store & was told that they have received lots of complaints (phew....I thought I was going mad...) They are waiting for an answer from their managers & to ring at the end of the week...hope that will help

GazVader....
Warwickshire
Chatterbox

I bought this last night. I am having the exact same problem. I have been emailing talktalk all day. The customers services dept do not seem able to grasp what the problem is. They just keep sticking to scripted replies about subtitles. It is more than enfuriating. I have sent 10+ emails. Evetually they say they will escalate it. I have little hope of a resoution as they simply cannot grasp the problem. Unfortunately the curse of off shore help centres. They can only follow the script.

JD

GazzVader
Popular Poster

JD, I had the same problem, they kept transferring me to different departments...I phoned & spoke to the "TV Store" & they knew straight away what the problem is....hope that helps....

GazVader....
Warwickshire
Chatterbox

Excellent. That is certainly more infor & help than I have had out of them. Have they said whether they can either fix the problem or refund payment. Currently I am being told no to refund.

Thanks

JD

GazzVader
Popular Poster

Hi JD,

I'm going to "try" & get a refund , in my opinion they sold a faulty product. I will be ringing them on Friday & I'll post on here how I get on....Gazz

GazVader....
GazzVader
Popular Poster

Here is another update for u JD, 

I spent 40 mins on the phone this morning & was eventually informed that I was going to be given a total refund...I think they will also remove the film from my talk talk library....hope this help & please let me know how u get on....Gazz

GazVader....
Warwickshire
Chatterbox
Hi Gazz,
Great result.
So far really not impressed with TalkTalk customer service. This movie was mis sold whether deliberately or not. I will also keep you updated when I hear back from the 'escalation team.' Their 48 hours is up at 10:53 am Friday.

I was fed up waiting for Talk Talk & wanted to watch Assassins Creed. So bought it from Sky. Download available in moments, & guess what? Subtitles where there should be. So able to watch a great movie at last & a DVD will be in the post. A great result. Well done Sky. I know who I will be buying movies from next time, & it won't be Talk Talk. It is now 9:45 am Friday & still no feedback from TalkTalk. no surprise there.

JD 

All the best
JD
Gondola
Community Star

...I'd be very disappointed if TalkTalk TV Store cannot offer the subtitled version of Assassin's Creed. Currently the HD version (not subtitled) from TalkTalkTV Store to watch online and via your YouView box and More TV library is on offer at £9.99 versus the £13.99 from Sky (subtitled) and that includes hardcopy DVD in the post.

It's certainly not clear from either TalkTalk TV Store or Sky Store what version is being offered so thanks to the two contributors @GazzVader and @Warwickshire  we do now know.  Keep the new reviews coming in.

And if anyone from TalkTalkTV Store would like to update us on what's on offer or better still update the info in the Store about Spanish language content not subtitled that would be great.

GazzVader
Popular Poster
Hi JD....just thought Id let u know that Talk Talk will not only give me a full refund , they will also give me £5 off my bills for the next 3 months, its not very much but better than the original £2.50 a month they first offered ( for all the phone calls & undue stress)..... Hopefully u can get the same or better......let me know how it goes.....Gazz
GazVader....
Warwickshire
Chatterbox

Hi Gazz,

great news. I am at the end of my tether with them. They didn't get back to me within the 48 hours they commit to in their escalation procedure. I had to chase them up again. I explained, that as they had consistently told me they cannot support subtitles, & I was fed up of waiting, that I had purchased the movie from Sky. That It worked perfectly with all the subtitles in the right place etc & that I wanted a full refund. They then announce that they have sorted the subtitle problem & so they won't give me a refund. Unbelievable. I went ballistic at them, & it is now back with their escalation team. 

What contact number have you used? All my contact has been via their website.

cheers

JD

GazzVader
Popular Poster
Hi JD.....
Don't let them grind u down , perseverance is the key with talk talk..... I ring 0800 049 7859. I usually just say "I'm leaving" when asked what department I need...they seem to help a lot more than billing or the TV store....if I don't get the answer I hope for , I put the phone down & redial , eventually u get through to someone who actually wants to help.....Their customer services are terrible , iv even had one of their call centre "staff" ring me back to carry on with the argument....Don't let them win....
& they have now put subtitles on the film , which they wouldn't have done if people like ourselves hadnt bothered to comp!ain.......Keep me informed..... Gazz
GazVader....
GazzVader
Popular Poster
The film now comes with subtitles.....thanks for all your help with the posts & I look forward to more interesting debates.... Gazz
GazVader....
Gondola
Community Star

... yes, confirming, thanks again to @GazzVader,  the missing subtitles issue with Assassin's Creed is now resolved.

Currently the HD version from TalkTalkTV Store to watch online and via your YouView box and More TV library is on offer at £9.99 and is English language subtitled over the Spanish content.

So both Sky Store and TalkTalk TV Store download versions are the same... but still there's no indication to customers, when they buy, what version is provided! 

So, if in any doubt, use the Help and Support option, Contact our team, send us an email.  There's a box there "Why do you need our help?" and an option "Before I buy".

Neil_Hines
Visitor
Assassins Creed is my favorite game and want to watch that movie but didn't know the best site where to watch online it. Anyone suggest me which site I can watch Assassins Creed movie streaming online?