Did you mean: 
Need help?

Collateral : BBC Two : Monday 12 February : 9pm

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Collateral-2.jpgCollateral : BBC Two : 12 Feb 9pm

Collateral is a 4-part, police / political thriller for BBC Two written by Sir David Hare (Turks & Caicos) and directed by S J Clarkson (Life on Mars). Starring Academy award nominee Carey Mulligan, the original series for the BBC and Netflix has a stellar cast including John Simm, Nicola Walker and Billie Piper.

Set over 4 days, the police investigation drama explores the personal impacts around the fatal shooting of an illegal immigrant, pizza delivery man, in today's London. Refusing to accept this is a random act of senseless violence, single-minded Detective Inspector Kip Glaspie (Mulligan) is determined to discover if there is a darker truth. Politician David Mars (Simm) becomes instantly embroiled in the drama through his turbulent relationship with single-mum, his ex, Karen (Piper), while Jane Oliver (Walker), a compassionate vicar, struggles to conceal her affair with the only witness to the crime.  S J Clarkson shows the gritty nature of the urban landscape while Hare’s penetrating writing delves into the institutions and state of Britain now.

Here's the trailer:

Thanks to The Forge and BBC

Gondola - Community support team *

To appreciate my support  . . .  If I helped with a solution Best Answer

Community Team

@Gondola I've also been enjoying this :) There have been quite a few good police dramas on TV over the last few months :)

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Michelle

Great writing by David Hare in this drama. The Collateral damage on intertwined lives, mostly unseen by us in our lives fortunately, in institutional Britain today. I particularly liked Carey Mulligan and John Simm's characters both fighting to break through boundaries.

For anyone that hasn't seen the first run transmission there's catch up until the 4 April on iPlayer on the TV Box or connected devices. Highly recommended.

Gondola - Community support team *

To appreciate my support  . . .  If I helped with a solution Best Answer