cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Mayweather V McGregor - The Money Fight

37 REPLIES
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Everyone.

Looking forward to a great fight on Saturday 26th August when these two giants step into the ring.

Channel 419  Price: £19.95 

More Info here.

Mayweather-McGregor.jpg

Wayne 1
Popular Poster

Do you have to have sky sports to buy this cause I can't see the box office channel, there is no 419

Community Team

Hi

You do not have to be subscribed to Sky Sports to purchase the fight as this is a separate Box Office Event. As long as your service is capable of receiving boost channels, so you can see the other Sports channels listed in the guide you should be able to access the Box office channel.

You may not see the channel until the pay window is open, so you should see this channel from next week.

Thanks

Karl. 

Wayne 1
Popular Poster
Ok cool, was getting nervous, can't miss this!
eebdsirhc
Community Star

Wayne 1 wrote:

............................ can't miss this!

Make sure you don't blink when the bell sounds then Wink

Exit35
Participant

Hi, 

This channel is showing but it is telling me I have to set it up.

Does this mean it's good to go or do I have to do something else to set the channel up?

Thanks. 

LisaJ29
Participant

Well I am really confused because when I had a live chat this morning with talktalk help, they told me they weren't showing the fight.  Please can someone clarify this.

LisaJ29
Participant

Is this being shown as according to talktalk live chat help, they aren't showing it.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Lisa

This link to Sky Sports Box Office says it is on and you'll be able to see it on channel 419 as usual.  I'm sure Karl won't have got this wrong as he's a fight-fan.

http://www.skysports.com/mayweather-vs-mcgregor

Simply select the TV Guide and visit the Sky Sports Box Office on Channel 419 - The channel will appear in the guide and the Box Office open from 22nd/23rd August. You'll be prompted to enter your Payment PIN to accept the pay per view charge of £19.95 and once the payment has processed you'll be able to access the channel. There's no need to have the Sky Sports Boost as this is a pay per view event.

*Gondola - I'm a PlusTV customer * 
LisaJ29
Participant

Thanks, I really hope so because the live chat team were insistent talktalk weren't showing it, I will keep looking at channel 419 to see if it appears.

Dean89
Repeat Guest

Hi,

When will the pay window open? As I still cannot see the the channel 419 listed.

Dean

Exit35
Participant

When purchasing the event do I get to choose payment method or will it just be deducted from the same account as my direct debit? I would rather pay with a different card. 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Exit35

It's simply a payment made with your 4 digit TalkTalk purchase Payment PIN and it goes onto your TalkTalk account.  I'm pretty sure there's no alternate payment option.

Visit the Sky Sports Box Office on channel 419 in the Guide as soon as the Box Office is open. You'll be prompted to enter your Payment PIN to accept the pay per view charge of £19.95 and once the payment has processed you'll be able to access the channel.

This charge will then appear on your TalkTalk bill in the rentals section.  Allow a few weeks for the purchase to show up there.

Lewis82
Sightseer

Hi, 

would anyone know when the sky box office channel will reappear on my guide or when the paying window will open? Beginning to worry it won't be shown

many thanks

Exit35
Participant

That's a joke to be honest. I am unable to make a payment through the account associated with my direct debit. So to be told that alternative payment methods are not possible is a bit... Archaic in this day and age. 

It now looks like I will have to purchase the fight through sky sports box office website instead and mess about with hooking my pc up to my tv which are in different rooms. 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Exit35

When you say unable to make payment is that just a personal choice that you don't wish to add to the outgoings on your TalkTalk normal monthly billing or you've forgotten your Payment PIN or just because the payment window hasn't opened yet on channel 419?

If it's just the PIN - Your Payment PIN is set as default to the last 4 digits of your phone number.  But you can change the Payment PIN in MyAccount at any time.

If you've opted to remember your Payment PIN on the TV Box when purchasing content, you'll have the option to clear the saved PIN every time you make a purchase. If you've saved your PIN and then changed it in MyAccount your TalkTalk TV Box will automatically remember the new PIN.

Just wait until the payment window opens when channel 419 appears in the Guide and you'll be able to make payment using your Payment PIN.

But if it's just that you don't want to add to your normal monthly billing, I understand.

Exit35
Participant

At no point have I mentioned a problem with the pin. 

My posts are quite clear. I am unable to use the account set up for the direct debit to make additional purchases. I would like to pay from an alternative source, but it appears this is not possible which is a bit archaic in this day and age when purchasing goods or services.  

Even blizzard allows their customers paying subscriptions to purchase additional services via a different method. 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Exit35

You're correct that it isn't currently possible to pay another way than via your TalkTalk account for purchased content on the TV Box.

I know if I go direct to Netflix, for example, that I can pay them direct or have them bill my TalkTalk account.

But right now there isn't an equivalent arrangement in place for Sky Sports Box Office. Disappointing, I know.

PS I've just asked TalkTalk to investigate alternate payment methods via New Ideas. (Click here to see and support).  It will be interesting to see how many people want alternative payment methods.

Exit35
Participant

Apologies for my abraisivness, just a bit grumpy but thanks for your help and raising the suggestion. 

Dean89
Repeat Guest

Still no channel 419???