Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Solo : A Star Wars Story : Cinema release

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Solo a Star Wars Story.png

Star Wars fans will be delighted with stacks of cross-franchise references but newcomers to this brand of Sci-Fi will also be pleased. It's a stand-alone Sci-Fi cowboy heist tale.  Set in a lawless universe when hyperfuel coaxium is at such a premium that Han Solo (Alden Ehrenreich) not such a scruffy looking nerf-herder and mercenary mate the hair-ball 190 year old wookiee Chewbacca (Joonas Suotamo), among others, set off to hijack a train load of coaxium. A fast rollercoaster of a ride. The Millenium Falcon won from Lando Calrissian (Donald Glover) looks brand new unlike the last time we saw the beat up old hulk. But it does the death defying Kessel Run in 12 parsecs!

Ron Howard ended up as director of this Disney project and made a pretty good job. I saw his fast paced F1 movie Rush again quite recently. There's a girl Qi'ra (Emilia Clarke) that's as cunning as Solo and a feminist resistance droid L3-37 made up of bits from here and there. Two and a quarter hours of faster-paced space action adventure with everything you'd expect from a Star Wars story.  Time to buckle up baby!  Assume everyone will betray you and you will never be disappointed...

Here's the trailer:

Thanks to Lucasfilm and Disney

Gondola - Community support team *

To appreciate my support  . . .  If I helped with a solution Best Answer