cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

netgear

Reply
5 REPLIES
jonshdw
Wizz Kid
ive got a netgear rangemax wireless cable router,can i use this for anything ???
Fred_Sheehan
Philosopher
If you like the wireless performance, you can use it along with your talk talk router, the talk talk router has a modem and deals with ADSL side of the connection and the cable router could do the wireless, they would need to be connected by LAN cable with the cable router in 'Bridge' mode and the talk talk modem with wireless switched 'off'
If you have/get a really long LAN cable, then they can also be connected this way to use the cable router as a wireless repeater, thus increasing WiFi range throughout your home. In this case you would leave the talk talk router wireless 'ON' and both routers would use the same wireless details, any device could roam and use strongest WiFi signal. The cable router would still be in 'Bridge mode'.
If your talk talk router does all that you need, forget about it and put the cable router on e-bay!
baz134dog
Philosopher
Originally Posted by jonshdw
ive got a netgear rangemax wireless cable router,can i use this for anything ???


Absolutely not! Under no circumstances should it be used as a swimming float, a cushion or for frying eggs.:p
Banned
Originally Posted by baz134dog
Absolutely not! Under no circumstances should it be used as a swimming float, a cushion or for frying eggs.:p



Frying eggs, are you sure? Laid on its side maybe...?
baz134dog
Philosopher
Originally Posted by redchiz
Frying eggs, are you sure? Laid on its side maybe...?


It's not a BT fibre modem.;)
jonshdw
Wizz Kid
Originally Posted by fred sheehan
If you like the wireless performance, you can use it along with your talk talk router, the talk talk router has a modem and deals with ADSL side of the connection and the cable router could do the wireless, they would need to be connected by LAN cable with the cable router in 'Bridge' mode and the talk talk modem with wireless switched 'off'

If you have/get a really long LAN cable, then they can also be connected this way to use the cable router as a wireless repeater, thus increasing WiFi range throughout your home. In this case you would leave the talk talk router wireless 'ON' and both routers would use the same wireless details, any device could roam and use strongest WiFi signal. The cable router would still be in 'Bridge mode'.

If your talk talk router does all that you need, forget about it and put the cable router on e-bay!


looks like i'll be selling then'thx for the feed back.