cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How About Sharing Some Items Of Food For Thought?

ANSWERED
40 REPLIES 40
Highlighted
Wise Owl

Have you anything – poetry and prose, maybe a song – that has given you food for thought and is worth sharing with others? To get the ball rolling here is my first offering:

Did you know that we are all the Universe’s beloved children of the Earth and an integral part of Its Creation? Our true nature is love and every one of us is valuable and has a right to find a measure of happiness in loving and being loved. The awareness of those who still mistake themselves for nothing but earthlings is in need of the healing that comes finding a better understanding of this.

From ‘Reflections On Life’

With love and light,

Aquarius

Aquarius
Highlighted
Wise Owl

I Asked And I Was Given

I asked God for strength, that I might achieve.

I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for health, that I might do greater things.

I was given infirmity, that I might grow in understanding

And become a better human being through bringing forth from within

The Divine qualities of kindness and compassion with all life.

I asked for riches, that I might be happy.

I was given poverty, that I might become wise.

I asked for power, that I might be praised by people.

I was given weakness, that I might feel my need for God.

I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life.

I was given life that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I really needed.

Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.

And my life is now filled with many blessings.

Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Astrology As A Lifehelp On The Healing Journey’

Aquarius
Highlighted
Wise Owl

‘Know that no matter what may ever come to pass for you and your world, you will always be safe. At all times there will be a happy ending – if not in this lifetime, then in another or maybe another one still. Everything that happens is part of My great plan for all life, and nothing has ever taken place in your world or any other against My will. All is well and rests securely in My loving hands and so it shall be forever and ever. No harm can ever come to the true and eternal part of any one of you. Therefore, rest safely in My love and nurture your souls, My beloved children of the Earth, by following My guidance from deep within you, for that is where every soul’s very own special key to eternity is hidden.

‘I bless you, your world and all life in it. My blessings are for each and every one of you, during these difficult times of transformation and transition from one age to another. You and your world have always rested securely in My loving hands. Rest assured that this will continue without interruptions and that the lessons in your present school of life are unfolding exactly the way they should and in accordance with My plan.

‘None of you has anything to fear, as the Angels and I will always be with you. We are familiar with your struggles, but no matter what tests and trials may still have to be endured by you, put your trust in us and venture forth courageously, safe in the knowledge that we shall always be there to guide and protect you in all your endeavours. Never forget that we are in charge and that no-one and no force in the whole of Creation ever took the reins from My hands, least of all one of you, My beloved children of the Earth. All is well with you, your world and all worlds – and forever will be.’

From ‘The Universal Christ Speaks To Us And Our World’

Aquarius
Highlighted
Wise Owl

We are presently at the beginning of the Aquarian Age and many are in the process of finding a new type of religion that is no longer purely of the mind, but forces its way onto the surface of our consciousness directly from the wellspring of our own hearts. The best definition that’s come my way to date I found the other day in a place where I would have least expected it, namely in Joanna Trollope’s novel ‘A Passionate Man’. Archie is the main character of this tale. His father has died and the local priest drops in and offers him and his wife to pray for the deceased. When Archie refuses, the priest points out: ‘But you are churchgoers. You are part of the Christian family.’ Archie’s patience is at an end and he bursts out: ‘I may be a religious man – I may have a deep religious sense – but I am not at all sure there is a God. Not our God, in any case . . .

‘Don’t you even know what religion means? Are you so hidebound by your colourless bureaucratic orthodoxy that religion only means to you this frightful modern Church with its doggerel hymns and playschool prayers? Religion is an awakened sense of some great controlling force, an awareness that above or beyond there is not just a freedom but a fulfilment. And this awareness of power and possibility makes us strive ever onwards, morally, emotionally, spiritually. What on Earth has such a concept to do with the dreary pen-pushing second-rate God you want to offer me?’

God is hard to describe in mere earthly words, but I will try. To me, God is something infinitely more sacred and holy, a power much greater, higher and more enlightened that is radiant with the true meaning of light, compassion and love than the teachings of the old religions of our world could ever convey. With their lack of understanding for the true purpose and meaning of Earth life and the esoteric background of their own teachings, all too frequently the Ancient Teachings, which messengers from the higher and highest levels of life from time to time brought to humankind, were misunderstood and misrepresented. Sometimes this happened – as it does in many places to this day – intentionally for the purpose of manipulating the masses into obedience and submission to the lust for power of those in charge. On other occasions the distortions were genuine because that was all our race could comprehend when new parts of the Goddess’s wisdom appeared.

From ‘Is There A God?’

‘Healers And Healing’

Aquarius
Highlighted
Wise Owl

You are in Me and I am in you, you are Me and I am you, and your dreams and visions are Mine. Throughout the ages, unbeknown to you for a very long time I have been dreaming through you. At once you are the dreamer and the dreamed. From the beginning I knew that it would take an exceedingly long time until you, individually and collectively as a race, had become sufficiently grown in understanding to grasp the nature of your own being. Each one of you has always been and will continue to be in all Eternity to be a transmitter and receiver station for My thoughts, ideas and dreams. Potentially, each one of you is a channel through which I am ready to release ever more of My wisdom into your world. The amount and depth of it depends on the degree of spiritual maturity and understanding the receiving person can sensibly be expected to cope with at any given time.

From ‘The Universal Christ Now Speaks To Us And Our World’

Aquarius
Highlighted
Wise Owl

Open Letter To The Warmongers Of Our World

Sowing The Wind And Reaping The Whirlwind

Hosea 8:7 from the Old Testament strikes an early warning note: ‘They have sown the wind and they have reaped the whirlwind. It has no stalk, nor an ear to yield meal, and if it were to yield, the strangers shall eat it.’ This teaching has not just one but two hidden esoteric meanings. First it refers to the law of Karma, i.e. what we send out into the world must return to us. But that is by no means all there is to it. In keeping with the Universal laws the force of whatever any one of us creates on the Earth plane through their thought processes and the actions following them increases and gathers ever more strength and momentum on its way back to us. This demonstrates that humankind’s most urgent need is taking charge of our thought processes and learning to control them. Constant practice alone can help us to become its masters rather than its servants.

May the orgies of destruction during World War II of places like Berlin, Leipzig, Chemnitz and Dresden – in particular on February 13 and 15, 1945 – serve as a reminder of how Germany, because it sowed the wind of war, could not escape the consequences of its actions. Universal justice worked through the Allies and ensured that the civilian population had to reap the bitter harvest of what our politicians had sown. The historian Frederick Taylor wrote about the destruction of Dresden: ‘It has an epically tragic quality to it. Dresden was a wonderfully beautiful city and a symbol of baroque humanism and all that was best in Germany. It also contained all the worst from Germany during the Nazi period. In that sense it is an absolutely exemplary tragedy for the horrors of twentieth century warfare.’

Let this be a warning to those who to this day are walking on the warpath. We need to consider that with any event on the Earth plane there is always more than can be seen by our earthly eyes. The world around us is a reflection and an outer manifestation of the inner realities of life. No matter what happens in the world around us, we do well to remind ourselves that manmade and natural disasters alike are part of the Universal justice of the law of Karma. How can we as individuals counteract this and do our share of restoring the balance of our world?’ A great deal could be achieved if those who are reading this in their prayers and meditations ask for the radiance of the Goddess’s wisdom to flow from the Highest Star into the hearts and souls of the political, business and spiritual leaders of our world, to help them with their awakening.

Every war our world has ever seen has been proof of the fact that one fire cannot be extinguished by another. All  this can achieve is creating more of the same. Humankind’s long history of warfare is a clear demonstration of how the Universal laws saw to it that the destructive forces of war always did indeed return to us and our world. They did this with a force that time and again had multiplied. The destructiveness and callousness of the two World Wars bear witness of this. During the review of this chapter, at the beginning of September 2013, the warmongers in our midst are again flexing the muscles of their ever more sophisticated war machinery, rearing to have yet another go.

Have we, as a race, not learnt anything from the mistakes of the past? Are the people in charge blind to the spiritual background of our earthly existence and the Universal laws that govern all life in the whole of Creation? Or are they merely pretending not to know that we are responsible for every one of our thoughts, words and actions? Independent of whether their intention is for good and for evil purposes, each one of them causes a reaction, and every bit of what anyone sends out into our world, it can do nothing but eventually return to its sender and that with constantly increasing strength. Love is the law of life and pretending blindness is an even greater transgression against this law than mere ignorance.

From ‘Sowing The Wind’ and ‘Reaping The Whirlwind’

‘War and Peace between Nations’

If you are among those who wish that peace should come to our world, please share this with as many people as possible.

Aquarius
Highlighted
Wise Owl

There once was a very lively and intelligent little girl who showed an astonishingly early talent for geography. Could she have been a geographer in a previous lifetime? Who knows? One fine day, to keep her busy for an hour or two, her mother made her a jigsaw puzzle from a map of the world. To the mother’s surprise, after no more than a quarter of an hour the daughter presented her with the assembled map. The mother could hardly believe her eyes, so she asked the little girl: ‘How could you put the puzzle together so quickly? I don’t think I could have done that.’

‘Well, Mummy,’ replied the girl, ‘when you were cutting the map of the world into pieces I noticed that it had a picture of a little girl, just like me, on the other side. When I put all pieces of the girl together, the picture of the whole world came right. It was that simple.’

When someone succeeds in putting the pieces of the puzzle of their own life together, their perception of the world and their place in it changes. Everything begins to make sense and the complete picture of what life truly is about begins to reveal itself in all its beauty and splendour. We then slowly but surely become aware that our planet is a pleasant and agreeable, beautiful and wholesome place, after all.

As our comprehension of God’s nature and our own steadily grows, our consciousness expands and we start to see the whole picture. It then comes ever clearer in our minds that the many nasty things that to this day are happening in our world are necessary, because they represent vital lessons for us and our whole race, the settling of some people-s karmic debts, and the balancing of spiritual accounts.

This brings us the realisation that our world is a good place, after all and that we and everything else in it have always rested safely in the loving hands of the Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life. It is then no longer difficult to grasp that our world and everything that is in it, including us, was indeed created by the ideas of the Great Father’s mind and brought into being through His will and power and the wisdom and love of the Great Mother. Isn’t it wonderful that none of the many misinterpretations the Divine wisdom had to endure in bygone ages could change one iota of its truth?

To sum things up, what applies for putting the fragments of the girls’ pictures together is valid for any one of us. As soon as we take possession of all aspects of our nature, so they can join forces and begin to work together, the spiritual background of life becomes visible. To our astonishment we then find that the picture of our world comes right and regardless of how much we may in the past have griped and groaned about the state of our world. Our perception corrects itself and we recognise that there is and never was anything wrong with Earth life and our planet’s most troublesome inhabitants, humankind. There no longer is any reason for doubting that all along we and our world have been resting safely in our Creator’s loving hands, cared for, guided and protected by the will of the Great Father and the wisdom and love of the Great Mother.

Ari Ziskind wrote: ‘Anyone who thinks they can solve the worlds problems is a fool.’ How right he was, for when it comes to putting our world in order there is nothing for it but turning to ourselves. The only way we can alter our world is through changing ourselves or rather our understanding of it. When this has happened, our picture comes right on its own. And because of our oneness on the inner level of life, what is done for one affects us all. The corollary of this is that when we change ourselves, our whole race and our world does the same.

In case you are now wondering why there is still so much ugliness in our world, I would say to you: ‘Try to imagine the frustration of the Great artist, our Creator, if the work was ever going to be finished because it had reached perfection. There would be nothing for Him/Her to do any more and that is unthinkable, as any creative artist is sure to confirm. The wonder and magic of all evolution, as well as its original purpose, is that everything will always continue to grow, develop and move forwards, and that includes us and our world.’

Carrying the world on our shoulders was never meant to be humankind’s work but belongs to the one who created us and our world. Putting our inner house in order is all that is required from us. Once this has happened and the picture of our world has righted itself in our perception, we can see for ourselves that our Creator is fulfilling the job in hand exceedingly well. With the greatest of care and patience, wisdom and love all things come together at the right moment.

From ‘Our World In Transition’

Aquarius
Highlighted
Wise Owl

I am astrologer and the astrology I practise has nothing to do with fortunetelling. It is applied psychology and therefore, in my view, unequalled as a tool for getting to know ourselves and our inner motivations and through this increasing our self-awareness. My kind of astrology has nothing in common with the variety that can be found in many newspapers and magazines. The vital difference between them you will soon be able to discover for yourself, if you study my interpretations of  ‘The Sun Signs’. I believe that the most vital requirement for overcoming any problem, to find a solution it is necessary to acquire sufficient wisdom and self-knowledge to be able to recognise that some kind of inner hurdle has to be overcome by us first. This is where what, to me, is real astrology truly comes into its own. 

From ‘Astrology on the Healing Journey’

Aquarius
Highlighted
Wise Owl

It has been said that because two people argue does not mean they do not love each other and that because some folks refuse to argue is a sign that they do. I find it childish to fall out with each other because of a difference of opinion. When a situation has been duly considered from all angles, in all our relationships it is all right to come to the conclusion that it is better to agree to disagree than falling out. Wise ones bear in mind that whenever disputes arise, two persons can be confronted with exactly the same things and perceive them in a totally different way.

Depending on one’s point of view, all participants in any argument can be right and wrong, at the same time. That’s the way it has to be for human beings, because of the different lessons we all have to participate in on the Earth plane. With a bit of goodwill any dispute can be settled peacefully, simply by accepting each others views, even though they differ. The level of someone’s spiritual maturity reveals itself in nothing more clearly than in the ability and willingness – or otherwise – to agree to disagree with others in times of conflict.

From ‘Reflections On Life’

Aquarius
Highlighted
Wise Owl

People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centred.

You don’t have to like them, but love them anyway!

They are all part of your own family.

They are part of you and you are part of them.

They may not yet know it, but you being wiser,

Love them anyway!

People may project their own ulterior motives onto you,

And accuse you of having them.

Rest safe in the knowledge that the Universe

Knows their hearts as well as yours.

Do good anyway!

If being successful means that we can only win

False friends and real enemies.

Succeed anyway!

The good we do today may be forgotten tomorrow.

Do it anyway!

What could have taken years of building up,

Can be destroyed overnight.

Build anyway!

People who are in need of our help,

May attack us whilst we are trying to help them.

Help anyway!

Give the world the best that is within you,

And should it be rejected, do not stop giving.

Give anyway!

The Universal Law of Karma ensures that what we send

Into the world, has to return to us.

Give of your best and only the best is sure to return!

Bishop Abel Muzorewa
African Spiritual and Political Leader

Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Relationship Healing’

Aquarius
Highlighted
Wise Owl

‘Do not believe anything simply because you have heard it, or because it is spoken and rumoured by many, or because it is found written in religious books, or because it emanates from your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. When you find after observation and analysis that anything agrees with your reasoning and is conducive to the good and benefit of all, accept it and conduct your life by it.’

Extract from ‘Telling A Truth From A Lie’

Aquarius
Highlighted
Wise Owl

To the small earthly self life frequently is

A risky and scary business

And we dislike and resent the changes

Our Highest Self wants us to go through,

So that we should learn and grow

From as many and varied experiences as possible.

This requires the changes the personality hates and resists,

While the soul rejoices because it understands

That this is its only way home.

From ‘Risks’

‘Nothing in life just happens. Meeting our obstacles and overcoming them brings forth inner strength and helps us to develop stamina.’ Golda Meir

Aquarius
Highlighted
Wise Owl
  • I am looking forward to the time when people’s inner worth is valued instead of their race, creed or colour, because we have become aware of the evolutionary purpose of our race and our whole world.

• Because everyone then knows that we are as much part of God as God is part of us, we all realise that humankind’s inner Highest Self is more important than the small earthly self and its ego.

• As a result of this, everyone accepts responsibility for themselves, each other and our world.

• Because we appreciate how harmful and pointless false beliefs, prejudices and superstitions are, we search for a better understanding of God’s sacred wisdom within and no longer without.

• We all pull our weight and act on the knowledge we find.

• Hand in hand with God and the Angels we then move forwards and upwards only to ever higher evolutionary levels of life.

When these things have come to pass, all human souls will realise their oneness with the Universe and each other. We and our world will then be healed and lasting peace will be ours.

Created by Anon.

Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words Of Wisdom, Hope & Encouragement’

Aquarius
Highlighted
Wise Owl
  • Don’t undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others. On the inner level of life we are all one and although in many ways we are all the same, each one of us is a special and unique being and therefore different.

• Refuse to set your goals by what other people think of as important. You alone and your inner guidance know what is good and right for you, at any given moment. So listen carefully and follow its advice.

• Don’t take anything for granted, especially not the people and things that are closest to your heart. Believing that without them your life would be meaningless is utter folly.

• Just be thankful for everything that is in your life and don’t cling to anything, when the time for letting go has come.

• Rest safely in the knowledge that only the higher and highest aspects of life have lasting and eternal value.

• Don’t allow your life to slip through your fingers – live it now.

• Don’t dwell unduly on past or future. Instead, live consciously one day at a time, so you can learn something from every single moment of your present lifetime and in this way benefit from it, no matter what life may present you with.

• For as long as there is love in your heart and soul, and you have something to give and share with others, never give up. Things are only over when we stop trying.

• Do not be afraid of taking risks, because they are life’s way of teaching us to be strong and brave.

• Don’t shut love out of your life by saying you cannot find it. Love is eternal and once given, it will always return.

• The quickest way of receiving love is by giving it. And the fastest way of losing it is by trying to hold onto it.

• The best way of keeping love is by giving it wings, setting the beloved free to fly, so they can grow through their own experiences.

• If it is love, it will return to you. If it is not, you would not want it anyway.

• Pay attention to your dreams. Having no dreams means living without hope. And without hope life has no purpose.

• Take time and stop once in a while. Do not run through life so fast that you can no longer recognise where you have been and where you are meant to go.

• Life is not a race but a journey, so savour it, every single step of the way.

Anon.

Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words Of Wisdom, Hope & Encouragement’

Aquarius
Highlighted
Wise Owl

When things go wrong, as they sometime will,

The optimist thinks: ‘They’ll come right again!’,

While the pessimist grumbles: ‘It’ll only get worse!’

And as our thoughts and beliefs create our earthly reality,

Both forecasts duly come true.

Each one nodes sagely: ‘I told you so!’

That’s why when times are hard, positive thinkers

Think: ‘They will get better and become easier again.’

Though it may take time, they invariably do.

From ‘What Is Hope?’

Aquarius
Highlighted
Wise Owl

Have you heard of the nothing people?

They do not lie, but they do not tell the truth.

They do not take, but they do not give either.

They neither steal nor stop a thief.

They do not rock the boat, and never pull an oar.

They will not drag you down, but always let you pull them

And if the effort kill you, the tough luck is on you.

They do not hurt you, but they refuse to help

And never volunteer for anything.

They neither love nor hate you.

They will not burn you, but they fiddle happily

While you burn.

Do you know what they truly are?

The sins of omission folks.

Spiritual voids, neither good nor bad,

They are standing still and stagnating.

And because they never risk anything,

They do not learn or grow.

At least, the good keep trying,

And the bad in their own way, work just as hard.

At least both are based on action and conviction,

So, please Great Spirit, Father/Mother of all Life,

Send me either a sinner or a Saint,

But protect me against the nothing people.

If you told them they are in danger of

Wasting a precious lifetime on the Earth,

They would not believe you.

Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Relationship Healing’

Aquarius
Highlighted
Wise Owl

‘Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.’ Lao Tzu

Aquarius
Highlighted
Wise Owl

A blind boy with a hat by his feet was sitting on the steps of a building. A sign by the side of the hat said: ‘I am blind, please help.’ A man who was walking by noticed how very little there were in the hat, so he took some coins from his pocket and dropped them into the hat. Pausing for a moment, he took the sign, turned it round, wrote something on it and then placed it so that anyone who passed by could see what was written.

To the boy’s amazement, it didn’t take long until his hat began to fill up, as now lots more people were putting something into it. The same afternoon the man who had changed the words came to see how things were going. The boy recognised the man’s footsteps and asked: ‘Are you the one who changed my sign this morning?’

‘Yes,’ replied the man.

‘What did you write?’ asked the boy.

‘I wrote nothing but the truth,’ came the reply. ‘All I did was to express your worlds in a different manner, so that your sign now reads: “Today is a beautiful day, but I cannot see it.”’

Both signs told people that the boy was blind. While the first version simply stated that the boy was blind, the second one reminded those walking past how lucky they were to have their eyesight. Not surprisingly, the second sign was more effective.

All of us could do with being more aware of and thankful for the gifts the Universe bestows upon us day by day. Giving thanks and praise for them helps us to become more creative and innovative in our thinking, because we then perceive our world and everything in it in more positive ways than before. And even if life sometimes gives us a hundred reasons for crying, it’s worth our while to make an effort at remembering that at the same time we also have a thousand reasons for giving thanks and for showing this to our world by smiling.

So, let’s face the past without regrets and handle the present with confidence. Trusting the love and wisdom of the Great Father/Mother of all life to send us at all times exactly what we need – though not necessarily what we want – with each passing day increases our ability to face the future without fear. And the more our faith increases, the more our fears decrease and dissolve.

Created by Anon.

Edited by Aquarius

From Universal Guidance From The Environment

‘Astrology As A Lifehelp In Relationship Healing’

Aquarius
Highlighted
Wise Owl
‘You don’t love someone because of their looks or their clothes or their car. You love them because their soul sings a song only your heart can understand.’

L.J. Smith

Aquarius
Highlighted
Wise Owl

Every single day the Universe offers all of us many chances for learning and growing in wisdom and understanding. This continues until eventually we have rediscovered our true nature and come home into the full awareness of our oneness with God and all life. Through every one of their experiences human souls progress on the pathway of their personal evolution and that of their collective consciousness. Each has their own particular road to walk that is unlike any other. Our experiences are ours alone and there is no need to envy anyone theirs, as for all of us life is constantly unfolding simultaneously and at any given moment everybody receives what their true requirements are.

Sometimes pain is necessary to help us forward and there is no point in begrudging it, as it may well be that today’s suffering wishes to bring us the progress and pleasure of tomorrow. With joyful hearts let us therefore accept the unfolding of God’s great and perfect plan in our own lives, and rest safely in the knowledge that the ultimate goal of every human soul’s inner being is this return into our true nature and our loving re-union with our Creator, Father/Mother of all life. For this purpose all remnants of the shadows of the past have to be left behind, so that with each passing day the tasks before us can take us one more step closer to this our final destination.

Extract from Why Do We Get Depressed?’

Aquarius