cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How About Sharing Some Items Of Food For Thought?

ANSWERED
Aquarius
Wise Owl

You give but little when you give of your worldly possessions.

Only when you freely give of yourself, your gifts, time and resources

And with love in your heart, do you truly give.

For what are your possessions but things for keeping and guarding

Out of fear that you may need them sometime.

But what will that bring to an over-prudent dog

Who buries a bone in the trackless sand of the desert,

As it follows a pilgrim on their journey to a holy place?

Isn’t the fear of need a need in itself and

Isn’t the dread of thirst, even though your well is full,

Part of a higher thirst that cannot be quenched by water?

There are those who seek recognition,

Even when they only give little of the abundance

The Universe in its kindness has bestowed upon them.

Their hidden desire makes any gifts they have unwholesome.

But there are also others who have very little and

In spite of this don’t hesitate to give all they have got.

They are the believers in life and its bounty

And life itself sees to it that their coffers will never be empty.

Next there are those who give with joy,

And the happiness they feel is their reward.

Giving to these people is as natural as the apple tree

In your garden shedding its ripened fruits,

So that all can partake in it, down to the smallest

And least significant creatures of the Earth,

As all have the same right to share this life with us

And to be nourished and fed.

On the other hand there are those to whom giving is painful,

And the pain they feel is part of their Earth baptism and initiation.

Others just give and their giving causes them no pain.

They neither seek joy nor do they claim to be virtuous.

They are giving because it feels like the right thing for them to do.

Such souls give as the flowers breathe their fragrance into space.

Through their hearts and hands God,

The Great Father/Mother of all life speaks.

And from behind their eyes S/He smiles upon Mother Earth,

To bless and heal all her children.

Giving when asked is good,

But it is better by far to do so unasked,

Because you feel and understand the need of another.

To such open-handed ones the search for those

Who are ready to receive their gifts represents a happiness and a joy

That is something much greater than mere giving.

Is there anything in your life that you would like to keep to yourself?

Your spirit and soul are the only possessions that forever will be yours.

All others will one of these days be given to someone else.

Therefore give now, so that the joy of giving may be yours

And not belong to those who follow behind.

Forget about saying: ‘I would give, but only to the deserving.’

The trees in your orchard never say this,

Neither do the flocks in your pasture.

They give of themselves because that is their life’s purpose.

Withholding their abundance for them is unthinkable.

Anyone who is worthy of receiving the gift

Of another lifetime on the Earth plane

Is your sister or brother and therefore worthy of

Anything you can share with them.

And all who are allowed to drink from the great river of life,

Surely deserve to refresh themselves and fill their cups

From your stream of consciousness.

Could there be a greater desert than doing nothing but receiving?

And who would you be that people should bare their souls before you,

So that you may see their worth naked and their pride damaged?

Make sure that you yourself become a deserving giver

And a worthy instrument through whom God’s gifts can be presented,

For in truth it is always life itself that gives to another part of life,

While the giver is nothing but a channel and a witness.

All of you are receivers, so assume no weight of gratitude,

Lest you lay a yoke upon yourself and upon the Great One

Who presents His/Her gifts through you.

Together with this giver rise on the wings of the gifts

That in this way come to our world.

And forever be mindful of your debt of gratitude for the generosity

Of your kind and loving mother, the Earth.

Never forget that she is a spiritual and physical manifestation

Of the Great Mother of all life, the Goddess,

And Her loving partner, God, the father,

Who not only dwells in Heaven, the highest levels of life,

But also on the Earth, with Her and at one with Her.

Both are as much alive in minutest creatures of the Earth,

The same as they are in you and me.

From ‘The Prophet’ by Kahlil Gibran 1883-1931

Lebanese/American poet

Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Our World In Transition’

Aquarius
Aquarius
Wise Owl

‘Some things are destined to be. It may just take us a couple of tries to get there.’ J.R. Ward in ‘Lover Mine’

Aquarius
Aquarius
Wise Owl

I have had enough of silent nights, of my unspoken grief and tired wisdom. Come to me, my truly Beloved. You are my treasure, my breath of life, dress my wounds and be my cure. Enough of words, just come to me without a sound.

Love means reaching for the sky and with every breath tearing away a hundred veils. Love steps away from the ego. It opens the eyes of inner vision and does not take this world so seriously. If you understand all this, congratulations, dear heart! You have joined the circle of lovers, but please tell me in your own words how all this began for you. For me it happened when I was absorbed in my work in this world, though I never lost my longing for my true home. One day, exhausted with no strength left, I turned to God and the Angels for their help. Suddenly they lifted me into the grace of Divine love. Words cannot describe the mystery of this experience.

Dear heart, why are you are so unreasonable? First you fall in love, but still you are worrying about your life. Those who insist on robbing and stealing have reason to fear earthly laws. But you profess to be in love with the Highest and still worry about what people may think of you?

I will run fast and will keep running until I catch up with the spirits of the air and the wind. I will dissolve into air and become nothing, so I can reach my Beloved more easily. I will become fire, burn my house and head for the desert. I will become all pain, so I can be healed. I will become humble and turn into soil so your flowers can grow in me. I will kiss the ground and become water, so I can flow into your rose garden. I will make my face shine like a golden coin, so I can become worthy of you, my truly Beloved. I came in this world helpless and fearful but approaching the end of my journey I am finding safety in you. The blessing of truth is like water, it can only flow downstream. I came to this Earth so that I can find the way back to you, my Beloved.

There is no bargaining with the love I feel for you. And the choices I make are no longer the ones of my earthly self but those of you, my Beloved. Love is the true nature of life throughout the whole of Creation. It is also the essence of human nature and provides a mirror of our soul. It can only reveal itself to those who have the courage to act it out in their own lives and who look into its face.

When you recognise the face of anger and false pride in others, do not turn away. Know that they are a mirror of your inner self. Bring your own anger and pride under your feet, turn them into a ladder and use it to climb ever higher. There is no peace until you become the master of the negative expressions of your earthly self. Let go of all anger. An outburst of it may taste sweet at the moment it is happening, but anger destroys – not merely the other one. In time it will kill you, too. Refuse to act as one of life’s victims. Be a conqueror by taking charge of your earthly self. If that sounds too difficult, ask God and the Angels to help you.

It takes humility to climb to freedom. My dear heart, never think you are better than others. Listen to their sorrows with compassion. If you want peace, do not harbour bad thoughts, do not gossip and do not teach what you do not truly understand yourself.

When a tree is planted every leaf that grows tells you of the tree’s love for its Creator, and whatever you sow – in this life and all others – will always bear fruit. Therefore, if you have any sense, my beloved friend, plant nothing but love and remember that we show our worth by what we seek, not by our words but our actions and deeds. Water flows to those who want purity, so wash your soul of all desires and come to the table of the highest love.

Shall I tell you a secret? Flowers attract the most beautiful lovers with their sweet smile and scent. When writing poetry or prose, if you put the cravings of your small earthly self for fame and glory to one side and allow God’s inspiration to flow through you, it will do so and can then speak to people’s hearts and souls forever

Do not spend unnecessary time with the ignorant and never sit in judgement over them or throw stones at them or their talk. Each in their own sweet time they too will re-awake to the awareness of their true nature. The mirror of the soul easily gets rusty when dipped into muddy waters. It is better by far to keep the company of those who already have opened their hearts and learnt to love.

Maulana Rumi

From the Islamic Tradition

Edited by Aquarius

From Words & Prayers For Comfort & Healing’

Aquarius
Aquarius
Wise Owl
Blessed are those who can laugh about themselves,
For they shall have endless fun.

Blessed are those who can tell a mountain from a molehill,
For they shall be spared many troubles.

Blessed are those who can go to bed and fall asleep
Without looking for excuses,
For they shall become wise.

Blessed are those who know when to shut up and listen,
For they shall learn many new things.

Blessed are those who do not take themselves too seriously,
For they shall be appreciated by those around them.

Blessed are those who are attentive to the call of others
Without thinking they are indispensable,
For they are the sowers of joy.

Blessed are those who take small things seriously
And large things peacefully,
For they shall go far in life.

Blessed are those who can admire a smile and forget a frown,
For the Sun will shine on their path.

Blessed are those who can keep quiet and smile,
Even when someone cuts them off in mid-sentence,
Contradicts them and/or treads on their toes,
For they have seen the One light that unites us all.

But most blessed of all are those who recognise
The living God in themselves, as well as
In everyone and everything that comes their way,
For they already have found true and everlasting
Love, light and wisdom.

From Words Of Wisdom For Relationship Healing’

Aquarius
Aquarius
Wise Owl

As young Gods in the making, because of life’s oneness on the inner plane, growth by any one of you can only be achieved through constant interaction with the rest of life. My Cosmic law of evolution decrees that no individual soul in the whole of Creation shall grow and evolve in isolation, and that every part of life forever shall depend upon all others for its survival and wellbeing, or otherwise. Although superficially you may like to think of yourself as an independent being, you are still reliant upon millions of others on all levels of life, the highest as well as the lowest. They are constantly influencing you in everything you say and do.

Evolution’s ultimate purpose is to bring all aspects of life into co-operation by harmonising and co-ordinating them into one stupendous crescendo of Universal love. When all of you have successfully finished tuning your instruments, Heaven and Earth will be one. Together with the Angels you will join hands and the song every loving human heart joyfully sings will make its own contribution and add a very special note to the almighty symphony of worship, thanksgiving and praise of the whole of Creation.

Every human soul’s thoughts, words and actions, indeed your whole life creates a vibration and a sound. Each one of you strikes their own chord and whenever peaceful, loving and harmonious, blessing and healing vibrations go forth from you, the Angels see to it that they unerringly find their intended destination and from there wing their way back to you with ever more potency. My Universal law of cause and effect ensures that everything has to return to its source. That’s why no matter what any one of you sends out and whatever sounds you produce, it will return to you. All my laws are very exact and apply on all planes of life, therefore also on the Earth.

Because you are magnetic beings, you can only attract into your orbit what you are yourself. As soon as you have reached a sufficiently high evolutionary level that nothing but Christ love flows from your heart and loving thoughts from your mind into the whole of Creation, your whole being slowly but surely fills with harmony and peace of mind. You then draw towards you and absorb only that which is good and right, harmonious and peaceful, loving and progressive from your environment. Nothing else can touch you and fill you and your aura any longer.

Recommended Viewing:

• Videos showing that the religions of our world have their origin in Sun worship based on ancient astrology:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Extract from Baking A Rich New Cake’

The Universal Christ Speaks To Us And Our World

Aquarius
Andreea
Conversation Starter

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let us down, probably will. You'll have your heart broken and you'll break others' hearts. You'll fight with your best friend or maybe even fall in love with them, and you'll cry because time is flying by. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, forgive freely, and love like you've never been hurt. Life comes with no guarantees, no time outs, no second chances. you just have to live life to the fullest, tell someone what they mean to you and tell someone off, speak out, dance in the pouring rain, hold someone's hand, comfort a friend, fall asleep watching the sun come up, stay up late, be a flirt, and smile until your face hurts. Don't be afraid to take chances or fall in love and most of all, live in the moment because every second you spend angry or upset is a second of happiness you can never get back.

The hopes and dreams are the only things that the others can't steal from us.
Aquarius
Wise Owl

What do you make of the scaremongering that by now surrounds the latest world health threat that by now is increasing the amount of negativity and fear that already existed in our world many times over? Are you, like me, getting an ever stronger feeling of déjà-vu when you follow the news about the unfolding of this sad and painful episode in the development of our world? Has the thought occurred to you, as it frequently does to me, that all of this could be a re-run of the Bird flu and the Swine flu epidemics in the years 2003 and 2009 respectively?

After the two above mentioned attempts failed, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the pharmaceutical industry in the foreseeable future broke the news to an astonished and grateful world that they have developed some kind of a ‘wonder drug’. What would you say if three billion shots of vaccine magically appeared and were immediately made available to the governments of the Western world at – let’s say – Fifty Pounds/Dollars/Euros a shot? And what if, several months after the epidemic had died down again, as surely it will, someone came forth to reveal that the vaccine was as useless as the ones against the Bird and Swine Flu in the end turned out to be?

For all those who are seriously interested in the Ebola outbreak – and who wouldn’t be that by now? – I strongly recommend the reading of the whole of two related parts of ‘Our World In Transition’. As both of them consist of several chapters, you can start reading one after the other by clicking on the links below. Please allow one or two seconds for the files to load.

Already voices of doubt about the current Ebola outbreak are coming to the fore. In particular I would like to draw your attention to the following one:

After reading the evidence that is now before you, I leave you to draw your own conclusions about why the Bird flu and the Swine flu scare did not succeed, so you can decide for yourself whether in your view something similar is likely to apply to the Ebola outbreak. The first two attempts failed, as in the end people had become too well informed, so that they could no longer be taken in by the machinations of those pulling the strings behind the scenes. The source of their information were those who genuinely had their best at heart and to whom this did not mean their money, but their mental and spiritual wellbeing. This alone can bring the peace of mind that is the foundation of any true and lasting physical wellbeing and happiness.

I trust that what is before you now will help you to make up your own mind whether you wish to buy into the panic-making that so obviously is being carefully built up, step by step – just the same as the two previous times, though even more cautiously. When we refuse to react in the manner the pharmaceutical giants hope us to do, we empower ourselves. So, let us show our faith in God and the Angels by asking them to give us the strength and courage not to succumb and join the ever stronger negative thinking that is building up about the Ebola outbreak. Let us ask them to show us ways of counteracting all this negativity with positive and loving thoughts of trust and hope.

And now, I would like to share with you the essence of a teaching from the White Eagle group of guides ‘Seeking Serenity’, which reached me when I was in the middle of writing this article. ‘Do not allow yourselves to dwell in darkness and fear or disharmony. Do not dwell unnecessarily on the present physical conditions or problems of the Earth. And do not allow negative thinking patterns to limit you or your life, so that the life-force may flow into you and fill your whole being ever more strongly. Negative thoughts limit its power, whereas its flow increases and is strengthened by attuning your thoughts and your whole being ever more to the frequency of the Highest Star and the Brightest Light in the whole of Creation, the Christ Star. Thought is a living thing and its effectiveness can be increased through prayers, meditations and quiet reflections that show your trust and faith in the wisdom and love of your Creator.’

The Christ Star is the white light at the top of the spiritual mountain. It consists of all the colours of the rainbow and each one of them represents one of the healing rays. The Christ light is the focused and concentrated of all of them together. This is the most powerful force in the whole of Creation. Through it every aspect of life is given, nurtured, sustained and healed, whenever the need for it arises. All of us are in this life to learn how to attune ourselves to this energy, so It can use us as channels for the blessing and healing of our whole world.

An essential part of the duality of our existence are two streams of thought or consciousness. They manifest themselves in yin and yang, female and male, darkness and light, black and white – with all shades of grey between them –, positive and negative. At any given moment each one of us has the freedom to choose which thought stream we wish to join. Either the negative thoughts of scaremongering and panic-making or the positive ones of declaring our trust in our Creator’s wisdom and love, the goodness of the life we have been given and of His/Her great plan of life.

Unconsciously we have always belonged to one of the streams or the other. But the deeper we are entering into the Age of Aquarius, the more the need will arise for us to increasingly make conscious choices that empower us and help us to take charge of our lives and destiny. Up into the Heavens, that which is good and right, or down into hell, the things that are evil and wrong – the choice is entirely ours. We have the right as well as the duty to choose and never forget that not making a decision is also a choice.

As far as the pharmaceutical industry is concerned, is going to be third time lucky for them, and that at the expense of the suffering of large parts of our world? Let’s join hearts and hands with the Angels in prayer and form a ring of love and protection around Mother Earth and all her children, and do our share of making sure that this cannot come to pass. ‘More power to the people,’ I say and hope that you will join the ranks of those who refuse to be taken in. If so, please share this message with as many as possible. But as always, first listen to your inner guidance and see whether it confirms the truth of what mine is saying to you, through me.

P.S. October 2014 – Sun in Libra, the peacemaker, and Moon in Virgo, the teaching and healing sign of the zodiac. What better time for sharing this could there be?

From ‘Our World In Transition’

Aquarius
Aquarius
Wise Owl
‘Destiny is not a matter of chance, but one of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, but one to be achieved.’

William Jennings Bryan

Aquarius
Aquarius
Wise Owl

Ave Maria by Franz Schubert 1797-1828

With New Words For Christmas In Our Time

A Prayer To The Great Mother Of All Life

A Song About Loneliness At Christmas Time

Christianity’s Virgin Mary is one of the Mother’s symbolisms.

Ave Maria,

In our world lots of us are alone today and

There are many tears and nights

Filled with loneliness.

Everyone dreams of a life filled with tenderness

And sometimes a few words are enough

To make someone feel that they are not alone.

Strangers can become friends this way

And great sorrows grow small.

Ave Maria

Ave Maria,

Long is our journey through the dark night of the soul

And there are many ways of reaching the Stars.

Everybody is looking for a hand that will hold them

And maybe someone out there is as sad as you are.

Go towards them and open your heart wide

And let them feel the warmth of your kindness,

During this cold time of the year.

Ave Maria

Please follow the link below:

‘Ave Maria’

Sung by Helene Fischer in German,

Translated by Aquarius

Charles & Helene Fischer

Jean Frankfurter, Bach

O beloved Great Mother, hear our prayer. The Age of Aquarius is with us now. It is the age of friendship and siblinghood with all life and we give thanks and praise to You for returning to the conscious awareness of our world to show us the way into a more peaceful and loving future. Please protect and guide us and grant each one of us the gift of your love, wisdom and understanding, so that new hope, faith and trust can grow in every heart and soul.

Help us to find ever more powerful ways of doing our share of making our world into the place you have shown us in our dreams by opening our hearts and reaching out for each other, not only at Christmas but throughout the whole years. May this continue until all humankind’s arrogance, fear and hostility towards each other has melted away and destructiveness, violence, crime, warfare and loneliness are no longer known in our world.

In the name of love we ask these things from You.

Amen

From ‘War And Peace Between Nations’

Aquarius
Aquarius
Wise Owl

Thank you, Great Spirit, for giving me

The brand new year ahead.

Help me live the way I should,

As each new day I tread.

Give me gentle wisdom

That I might help a friend.

Give me strength and courage

So a shoulder I might lend.

The year ahead is empty,

Help me fill it with good things.

Each new day filled with joy

And the happiness it brings.

Please give the leaders of our world

A courage born of peace,

That they might lead us gently

And all the fighting cease.

Please give to all upon this Earth

A heart that’s filled with love

A gentle happy way to live

With Your blessings from above.

Charlotte Anselmo

Happy New Year 2015

Please click the link below for you e-card

‘Happy New Year’

With love and light,

Aquarius

Aquarius
Aquarius
Wise Owl

‘There are winds of destiny that blow when we least expect them. Sometimes they gust with the fury of a hurricane, sometimes they barely fan one’s cheek. But the winds cannot be denied, bringing as they often do a future that is impossible to ignore.’ Nicholas Sparks in ‘Message in a Bottle’

Aquarius
salepc
Conversation Starter

heres my poem.

its called words.

words we speak,

words we seek

words,words,words.

so many  are spoken so many are said,

words never cease until we are dead ; 0(

are your words kind

are your words cruel

why oh why do we sometimes speak like fools?

words we throw

just like swords

at each other without pause.

but then again we do stop

but only according to the body clock.

when we feel tired

when we feel weak

then only then do we cease to speak.

then the war stops on both sides

from each other we don't have to hide.

but when we awake

our swords we gird up

looking for someone to cut.

but of course of course

I do know that there does exist people that you and I know.

People that speak words that are true

soft and gentle as they pass onto you.

into our ears their words desend

all the wounds they do mend.

because they are sweet and well chosen too

from their mouths over to you.

if only if only

sweet words abound

and no where on earth are swordlike words to be found.

then

yes then

tears will cease

replaced by joy single every week.

I won't stop hoping,

I won't stop dreaming,

that the person over there  currently scheming,

to hurt me and you

with sword like words

those people will never again be heard.

I hope you like my poem.

regards

salepc

T Ellis.
Aquarius
Wise Owl

‘If you can, help others. If you cannot do that, at least do not harm them.’ The Dalai Lama

‘Conquering our lower nature is better than winning a thousand battles. That victory is ours to keep in all Eternity and can never be taken from us, neither by Angels nor demons, Heaven or Hell.’ The Buddha

Aquarius
Aquarius
Wise Owl

‘It is not the critic who counts, not the people who point out how the strong person stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the people who are actually in the arena, whose faces are marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strive valiantly, who err, who come short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming, but who actually strive to do the deeds, who know great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spend themselves in a worthy cause, who at the best know in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if they fail, at least they are doing so while daring greatly, so that their place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.’ Theodore Roosevelt

Aquarius
Aquarius
Wise Owl

‘With the coming of the Aquarian Age the patriarchy has served its purpose. All around clear evidence is emerging that the balance between the feminine and masculine aspects of Creation is slowly re-establishing itself in our inner and outer world. However, as the love and wisdom aspect of our Father/Mother Creator is conscious in women and unconscious in men, it is hardly surprising that to this day the Goddess’s qualities can be a scarce commodity with the males of our species. Unless they take care to grow and evolve through their relationships, the way we are meant to do on the Earth plane, in their present lifetime many of them are in danger of remaining stuck in the evolutionary phase of frivolous and irresponsible little boys. Rather than patiently working their way through the difficulties that arise from the gender’s different perceptions of and approach to life, these men prefer to take to their heels.

‘Six thousand years of patriarchy of the past with its systematic and ever more brutal suppression of the feminine principle in our world, to this day have left many a male of our species bereft of the Goddess’s characteristics. Although by now good progress is being made on the road of recovery, at the time of writing this in the year 2013, our world still has a long way to go until the required balance has fully been restored. And so, it is hardly surprising that many marriages these days all too easily turn into a deck of cards, as someone once put it. In the beginning the two people involved needed nothing but two hearts and a diamond. But, by the end both of them may well wish they each had a club and a spade instead.’

From ‘The Patriarchy and Warfare’, in preparation now.

Aquarius
Aquarius
Wise Owl

An Eagle’s Eye View From Our World’s Tallest Building

For a brief moment an eagle really was on top of our world. With a camera strapped to its back and a gentle release, the bird swooped down from the highest point on the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building, in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates. Minutes later it landed on the hand of its falconer, who was waiting on the ground.

Made by Freedom Conservation, this video is not the first recorded by a camera-carrying bird, but it did set a record for the recorded bird flight from the highest man-made structure. Attempts at a flight from an ever taller building will have to wait until Saudi Arabia finishes the Kingdom Tower, an even taller building than the Burj Khalifa, currently under construction in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

To take part in the eagle’s flight, please follow the link below:

‘An Eagle’s Eye View’

Aquarius
Zeeal
Team Player

Isn't this one from Mother Teresa? It has been modified into so many version. But it has always been presented a deep meaning behind. 

I love this poem. It helps me a lot in keeping myself in the right mind. Sometimes I try ignore what people say, but I just couldn't be that careless. This poem is a reminder for me that people may have their own thought or motive. As long aa we know we're doing something right, we shouldn't hold back just because of what people are saying.

"In spite of everything, I still believe people are really good at heart"

-Anne Frank-
Aquarius
Wise Owl

@salepc wrote:

heres my poem.

its called words.

words we speak,

words we seek

words,words,words. . .

I hope you like my poem.

regards

salepc

Thank you for sharing your poem with us. I do like it and here are some of my insights into this theme:

Guarding Our Tongues

The Bible in James 3:1-12 warns: ‘Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.

‘When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

‘All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.’

Young and inexperienced souls behave in the manner described in the first part of the above quote, while the wise more highly evolved ones make an effort to take good care of their tongues. They do this because they are aware that the Universal law of cause and effect, also known as the law of Karma, decrees that everything has to return to its source. They appreciate that every thought, word and deed any one of us sends out into our world in some way must find its way back to its sender. That is why wise ones, when they have nothing good to say about someone or something, they shut up and keep quiet.

As we are sociable and talkative creatures by nature, learning to watch the words we speak and thereby take charge of our tongues is one of the most difficult things we have to tackle on our pathway through life. That is undoubtedly why as early as the Bible’s Old Testament told us in Proverbs 18:21: ‘Death and life are in the power of the tongue. And those who love it shall eat the fruits thereof.’ In ‘Spiritual Unfoldment 2’ White Eagle adds to this: ‘Keep control of your tongue, so that it says no unkind and hurtful thing. Bear in mind the feelings of those to whom you speak and do so gently and thoughtfully, without anger and haste. When you do this, my dear children of the Earth, difficulties fall away, sorrow recedes into the background and you cannot help but become aware of the gentle presence of the Master within you.

‘We ask you to render a service to yourself and that is holding your tongue. It is one of the hardest tasks that can be asked of you. You ought to see the mists that surround you and your world that is caused by idle chatter. When there is so much of it on the Earth, even the Angels can to nothing but bow their heads, because they are then unable to minister to you. Whenever you are tempted to say: ‘I think or believe so and so. I like this person, but I don’t like that one,’ instead of speaking, be silent and wait and see. If you can also restrain yourself from expressing any foolish opinions about the affairs and the state of your world you will greatly assist the Angels in their work.’

And then there was the philosopher Socrates, in ancient Greece 469 – 399 BC. He was famous for his great wisdom and therefore only too aware of what kind of damage careless gossiping can do. One day an acquaintance came running up to him excitedly and said: ‘Socrates, do you know what I just heard about one of your students?’

‘Wait a moment,’ Socrates replied. ‘Before you tell me I’d like you to pass a little test. It’s called the Triple Filter Test.’

‘Triple filter? What does that mean?’

‘Before you talk to me about my student let’s take a moment to run what you’re going to say through some filters. The first one is truth. Are you sure that what you are about to tell me is true?’

‘No, I just heard about it.’

‘All right,’ replied Socrates. ‘As you don’t really know whether what you have to say is true or not, let’s try the second filter, the one of goodness. Is what you are about to tell me about my student something good?’

‘No, quite the opposite!’

‘Ah! So you want to tell me something bad about someone, even though you’re not certain it’s true?’

The man shrugged, a little embarrassed.

Socrates continued: ‘Well, if what you have to say is meant to be of some use to me, you may still pass the test, because the third filter is usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about my student going to be useful to me?’

‘No, not really!’ came the reply.

‘If what you want to tell me is neither true nor good and not even useful, why tell it to me at all?’ asked the sage.

Deeply ashamed of himself, the man walked away.

This is but one example of the wisdom for which Socrates was held in such high esteem by his contemporaries. His message is as poignant and valid for us as it was in his time.

Recommended Reading:

From ‘Healers And Healing’

Aquarius
RADIOACTIVEMAN1
Team Player
Can I, in a kindly manner, remind the aficionados of this er, diatribe, that it is really 2017 not 1617, ALL religions and 99% of philosophy is man made, if folk wish to paddle about in the mystic or semi mystic or spirits in the sky or else where that is UNPROVABLE, then that is there business, but propagating it is plain silly. The nearest philosophy to common sense is Existentialism well worth looking up, nothing mystical or spiritual, the adherents do not rely on any spirit or mystic to run their lives or to make them feel guilty and promise life after death, the individual is responsible for him or her self. Read Jean-Paul-Sartre or Camus.
EX RADIO ACTIVE MAN
FredFlintstone2
Popular Poster
dominos pizza, graze boxes, everything chocolate (I’ve a passion for the aztecs who created hot chocolate.)
wassup.