cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our blog

Check out the latest on everything from staying safe online to getting the best from your service.

Re: Broadband made faster

We're all using our home broadband more than ever before (the average TalkTalk home downloads 45GB of data a month). So we're investing tens of millions of pounds into our network to make it faster and more stable.

Here's what we've been doing:

• Adding capacity, so the network doesn’t get overloaded and slow you down
  • Simplifying the network so it can adapt more quickly to future needs
  • Developing an Ultra Fibre Optic network that runs all the way to your router
  • Working closely with Netflix and YouTube for quicker and smoother streaming
  • Finding and fixing the parts of our network that weren’t as reliable as they could be
  • And, we're pleased to say we’ve just reached number 1* for keeping your speed the same – however busy the internet is

family.png

Making the most of our improved network

We bring the best possible broadband connection to your home – but there are a number of factors inside your home that affect the speed you get on your devices. Here are some tips to keep their performance up.

• Place your router in a central unobstructed location, facing into the room
  • Try not to put your router in a corner with concrete or brick walls
  • Nearby electrical devices like a cordless phone, microwave or baby monitor can disrupt your signal
  • Leave your router on at night so we can keep it updated for the best possible connection. It’s not using much electricity, we promise

*Ranked number one by SamKnows based on peak throughput percentage which was 98.81% for TalkTalk in December 2016 for Fast Broadband according to SamKnows broadband performance monitoring service for UK ISPs in December 2016.

TalkTalk
Technology

about StephenF

Hey everyone, I'm your community manager and resident lego fanboy and not to mention a massive foodie :) I'm here to help keep the community ticking over each day and support our great members.

Read more of my blog posts
42 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dougdave

Hi - if necessary could you repost your question in the fibre broadband section please, it is a bit unlikely to receive a timely response from an OCE in this section.

The HG533 does not work if connected directly to a fibre line, that is why the BTOR modem is provided, but that combination is how it used to be done.

The new "super router" will replace both your old HG533 and the BTOR modem.

Configuration instructions will be in the HG633 (?) delivery box.

0 Likes
abdl02
First Timer

MY FIRMWARE VERSION OF CONNECTION TO EXCHANGE IS 1.08.   PLEASE I REQUEST TO UPGRADE TO VERSION 1.21.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@abdl02

Hi, you have posted in the blog section of the forums, to have an OCE look at your problem you need to post in the support section.

Unfortumately I can't move your post, but if you click on the link below and then select "start a topic" and OCE will see your post and be able to give support.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/bd-p/111

0 Likes
broughham
Visitor

How do i back up my saved aol files and emails?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@broughham

Unfortunately you have posted in the blog section of the forum where practical queries are unlikely to be answered. Yoy need to post in the main forums.

If you just click on this link :-

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Computers/bd-p/59

And then select the new topic link (around the middle on the left hand side) you will be able to ask the question and hopefully get a timely answer.

0 Likes
davmil50
Whizz Kid

Not Happening, Just After Renewal of Contract for 12 Months,

Download Speed dropped AGAIN To Below 2mbs SORT THIS OUT OR GOODBYE And Breach of Contaract WILL APPLY

0 Likes
Gondola
Community Star

@davmil50 To get help simply Click here to Start a Topic in the Help with Your Service (Broadband) Forum.

0 Likes
paulshent
Community Star

Bringing the connection cable to your home.  Now that is interesting.  Is this likely to happen.  It's the only way i could get fibre faster than i have at moment.  Any time scales. Will it happen and at what cost

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@paulshent

Not sure of the relevance of that comment.

Did you mean to post in response to a different thread ?

0 Likes
paulshent
Community Star

No i was commenting on the Ultra Fibre connection to your modem that TT mentioned

0 Likes

More like this