cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our blog

Check out the latest on everything from staying safe online to getting the best from your service.

Re: Check & Report just got better

Since launching Check & Report it’s been a great success in helping us to beat the scammers, empowering our members to report numbers which are then investigated by our security team who then block the numbers on our network meaning that the act of one member reporting a scammer could positively impact each and every one of our 4 million customers by preventing them from being called by the scammer. our new reCAPTCHA box in Check & Reportour new reCAPTCHA box in Check & Report

We’ve been listening to your feedback over the past few months and one suggestion was coming across loud and clear and that was to remove the need to login into the community before reporting a number. We’ve been busy working hard to make this a reality and I’m excited to share the news that this functionality was launched this week, to help with spam mitigation we have added reCAPTCHA to the report page but this is just to confirm your not a robot

How to report a number

1. Head over to check & report
  2. Enter the number of the scammer in the search box at the top of the page
  3. Tell us a little about the call
  4. Check the “I’m not a robot” box and select Submit

That’s it, your done…

Beat the Scammers
Community

about StephenF

Hey everyone, I'm your community manager and resident lego fanboy and not to mention a massive foodie :) I'm here to help keep the community ticking over each day and support our great members.

Read more of my blog posts
16 Comments
Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team

@StephenF Great news Stephen 🙂

0 Likes
hosay299
Philosopher

Best thing nower days as the old people can do it with out much issue of remmbering there login details  or can enter it while they still can remmmber it

0 Likes
donny11
Team Player

Hi,

Login to your account--->My Services (top)----->Perform a speed check(2nd one down)

0 Likes
tattc

Is anybody else in the same position?  I'm getting 0.2m download, and 0.1m upload speeds - that's when my line is working at all.  There seems to be no way of physically contacting anybody at Talktalk, and it won't accept my login, to access the "on-line" help.  At the end of my tether - one of the fortunate people who has been able to work from home, but not without half-way decent internet access.  

0 Likes
Karen631
Visitor

Working from home. Losing applications, cannot make conference calls or access a works app. Internet is connected so receiving/sending E mails ok. After speaking to works IT dept was told Talktalk are possibly blocking the apps! Help!!! 

0 Likes
Sarah552
First Timer

I need an engineer urgently for my land line which has been dead for over a month.I cannot contact anyone from Talk Talk ??

So frustrating and worrying as no broadband. I reported numerous times  from 20 March and been told line is fine. I have brought new Phone, cables, wifi booster etc to test every option from my end. Still being billed from Talk Talk. I need Help ASAP please. 

0 Likes
John allen
Sightseer

My Huawei HG533 router supplied by Talktalk when we had a Youview box supplied has stopped working! Only the power light comes on, nothing else!  I've had a line check done. I've carried out all the checks suggested (power-cycle/reset router etc). the phone is working properly, nothing has changed, all cables are plugged in and secure and not damaged. We put the old Netgear DG834G v3 router supplied by Talktalk when we first had the service back in using existing cables and all is working but poorer performance due to its age, Slow, streaming stoppages etc. Please supply a replacement, up to date router that will work with our Youview box.  I am a telecoms/datacomms engineer, I am certain the router is broken! We have tried to contact Talktalk but due to Covid19, appear to be unable to talk to anyone. My wife is working from home so needs a reliable service. Thanks.

0 Likes
keythe
Sightseer

I would like to report my landline is down (proved by tests) but find talktalk website totally lacking. It's directions are like a circular maze which always come back to the same place, but never find anywhere to report the fault.

0 Likes
I8this
Philosopher

Despite you stating over 12 months ago that you would put a notice telling reporters not to include personal information in their reports. You have not done it and personal information is still being posted.

0 Likes
Sandy1950
Visitor

My mums line is broken and can’t get hold of anyone to fix it.. who do I contact - it’s urgent as she is isolating 

D327D25F-6AC1-4E06-9855-EFC95951ABE6.jpeg

0 Likes

More like this

New Community Login - Everything you need to know

New Community Login - Everything you need to know

Community
TalkTalk
How to Avoid Black Friday and Cyber Monday Shopping Scams

How to Avoid Black Friday and Cyber Monday Shopping Scams

Beat the Scammers
Security
How to spot a Christmas shopping scam