cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our blog

Check out the latest on everything from staying safe online to getting the best from your service.

Re: Music streaming this Christmas

'Tis the season to be jolly, and there’s never been a better excuse to spend time with family and friends. So get those nibbles out and pop the champagne, it only happens once a year and finally, Christmas time is here. Right so now we've sorted the guest list, food and drinks let’s talk soundtracks. Did you know that as soon as December 1st rocked up the UK top 40 was dominated by Christmas tunes? That’s right we have to refrain ourselves from the absolute classics for 11 months of the year, so this party season make sure you rock around the Christmas tree to your hearts content. 

Fortunately for us, we no longer need to dust off old CD's and hope that they aren’t scratched. Now music streaming services are arguably the most popular way to enjoy your favourite tunes and luckily there's plenty to choose from. So make your party soundtrack one to remember by choosing the best service for you. 

Spotify

Currently the most popular for music streaming, Spotify offers both a free and paid for service. With Spotify, you can build playlists or if your mind is drawing a blank they have plenty of pre made playlists to suit any occasion (the Christmas crackers playlist is sure to get your guests in the festive mood, trust me it’s a cracker). To download Spotify, simply visit your app store, search and download. Below is an overview of the accounts available to you.

• Free:Unlimited free songs with adverts, limited skips and no offline listening
  • Spotify Premium, £9.99: As many shuffles as you like no advert and downloads available for offline listening.
  • Student, £4.99: Same as the premium account, but for students.

Amazon Music / Prime Music

With an Amazon Music, you get access to millions of songs and, like Spotify you can create your own playlist of enjoy the thousands of Playlists hand-curated by Amazon. The '100 greatest Christmas songs' playlist is sure to make your party a night to remember. To download Amazon music on your device simply search in your app store and download. There are two different account types on amazon;

• Amazon Music Unlimited: A paid for service if you're not a prime member which comes with a free trial when you first sign up.
  • Prime Music: Amazon Prime members automatically get access to the service, at no additional cost.

Apple Music

Despite its name, Apple Music is available on both iOS and Android devices. This paid for service allows you to stream millions of songs, download your favourites to enjoy offline and you'll get access to exclusive content. Playlists work the same as the other services and if you're looking for a festive party favourite the Christmas playlist will surely do the trick. Apple music offers a three month free trial and three account types. 

• Individual £9.99: Access for one person to enjoy add free streaming.
  • Student £4.99: Same as the individual account but for students.
  • Family £14.99: Access to add free music for up to six people who can each create personal accounts.

Other services

As I mentioned above, there’s plenty of services out there for you to choose from with a few more mentioned below. 

• Deezer free or £9.99
  • Tidal £9.99
  • Google play music £9.99

So get downloading, playlist choosing and make sure your guests are grooving this Christmas. 

Community
Technology
2 Comments
ferguson
Community Star

Good blog @Siankel, can't beat a bit of music streaming. I look wistfully at my stacks of LPs, shelves full of CDs and try not to think of the cassettes stuck in the garage somewhere, none of which I ever listen to any more!

One thing to bear in mind about Amazon is that while a Prime membership gives you access to some content, the full Amazon Music Unlimited service still requires an additional monthly payment.

0 Likes
Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team

Another great blog Sian 🙂 I usually start the xmas music at the beginning of December, however I've been loving the Bohemian Rhapsody soundtrack since I saw the movie! 🙂

0 Likes

More like this

New Community Login - Everything you need to know

New Community Login - Everything you need to know

Community
TalkTalk
Copper Telephone Network Switch Off  - What does it mean for you?

Copper Telephone Network Switch Off - What does it mean for you?

TalkTalk
Technology
New 159 fraud hotline

New 159 fraud hotline

Beat the Scammers
Community
Security
TalkTalk