Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

17070 v's 17071 test numbers

174 REPLIES 174
T_PC_R
Philosopher
can anyone confirm that both of these are valid tests and does anyone know of any other test numbers to use
on tests

17070 reports number twice indicating a llu service

given to me by a BT technician yesterday who told me to try it as it is not an ISP specific number and will work on all lines

17071 reports sorry there is a fault please hang up
^^^^Hey I know there is a fault called speech clipping^^^^
Can anyone run tests on a good known problem free line and report test here
Banned
As above.
T_PC_R
Philosopher
Originally Posted by redchiz
As above.

did you run the test on your super fast line then lol

Swmbo distracted me just now when I tried the 17071 and I rang 717071 and got a message (male voice) Im sorry this number is not in use lol

the same message if you dial 717070 lol
Community Team
Hi TPCR,

Just to confirm, are you experiencing a fault with the landline service?

Thanks

Debbie
T_PC_R
Philosopher
Originally Posted by OCE_Debbie
Hi TPCR,
Just to confirm, are you experiencing a fault with the landline service?
Thanks
Debbie

Hi Debbie
Con you confirm that the above numbers are both valid test numbers

Yes

Which a CEO described the speech clipping fault on my line is
unfixable
please see my previous posts.
jcampy
Philosopher
dont know were the 17071 number has come from never heard of that one also as for 17070 not be a general number both talktalk and T use also as far as i know sky use it as well so...
Community Team
Hi TPCR,

17070 when dialed on a LLU line should read back your telephone number. I am not too sure what 17071 is for?

Which a CEO described the speech clipping fault on my line is
unfixable

Did we investigate the speech clipping fault on the forum?

How often does the speech clipping occur, is it on every call?

Thanks

Debbie
T_PC_R
Philosopher
Hi TPCR,
17070 when dialed on a LLU line should read back your telephone number. I am not too sure what 17071 is for?

Did we investigate the speech clipping fault on the forum?
How often does the speech clipping occur, is it on every call?
Thanks
Debbie

Hi Debbie
It happens on approx 8 out of 10 calls
It was investigated on the forums which was then escalated to a CEO John Haslam as they have allegedly tried everything they could on both TT and BT side.
Original thread

www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77426
It still happens and it is mostly worse in the evening after 19:30, and sometimes rarely in the daytime aswell
This is why I was asking for someone to test both above test numbers on a good know problem free line, to confirm if they are both valid.
It appears as though there could be indication of a congestion issue at my local exchange
please see chris fords thread with the same issue and his was resolved with an upgrade on his exchange

www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52268
Community Team
Hi TPCR,

I have just been reading through the thread.

I can arrange for this to be investigated again by the network team.

Are you happy for me to re raise this fault for further investigation?

If so, please can you make a note of examples dates and times of when the speech clipping is present on calls, please can you also provide the number this fault occured on (please send this information via PM)

If you could also confirm if the fault still persists at the test socket with a corded handset.

Sorry for all the questions as I know you will have provided this information previously. It is just so I have all the relevant information for the network team and also recent examples for them to work with.

Thanks

Debbie
Fred_Sheehan
Philosopher
If it is a congestion issue then this should show up in the simple network test and some speed tests done throughout the day, good times, bad times etc.

Although it congestion is a possible reason, it seems unlikely because voice ALWAYS gets priority over other network traffic as it is 'time critical', but only running some tests to prove it is congestion can help if indeed your exchange needs more capacity.
T_PC_R
Philosopher
Hi TPCR,
I have just been reading through the thread.
I can arrange for this to be investigated again by the network team.
Are you happy for me to re raise this fault for further investigation?
If so, please can you make a note of examples dates and times of when the speech clipping is present on calls, please can you also provide the number this fault occured on (please send this information via PM)
If you could also confirm if the fault still persists at the test socket with a corded handset.
Sorry for all the questions as I know you will have provided this information previously. It is just so I have all the relevant information for the network team and also recent examples for them to work with.
Thanks
Debbie

The only way I would be happy for this to be investigated further is if it can be guaranteed that all engineers that are investigating will have fully calibrated, updated working problem free test equipment etc and are competent in using them and also competent in doing any repair the equipment reports.
And also look into my suspicions on the fact that my neighbour on sky using the same cable from the DP Box could possibly be the issue as my broadband is affected more when he is home,
As I do not realy want the hassle that I had before with engineers using faulty equipment, and having to use my corded phone to do a test call to his colegue in cardiff as using his own test phone he could not hear the other person speaking.
Also there is another cabinet closer to my property
Which I thought was for virgin media as a virgin media line runs into my home from that cabinet and that was working perfect for broadband but never had the landline so dont know if it would of been ok or not,
I have been informed that both cabinets are BT and are used by virgin media, would it be possible to try from that cabinet (maybe not) (but just a thought) but was never offered by BT to use,
I can remember the first BT kelly group engineer was contemplating using that line but there was a lot of furniture in the way to move as we ha already planned where the new instalation was to take place
As from now I will start logging any future calls and will pm when I have at least 3 calls to report.
jcampy
Philosopher
it will be TAlktalks network team who have no aurthorisation to do work on your drop wire on phone line so won't be abke to have you re router to a differnt cab
T_PC_R
Philosopher
Originally Posted by fred sheehan
If it is a congestion issue then this should show up in the simple network test and some speed tests done throughout the day, good times, bad times etc.

Although it congestion is a possible reason, it seems unlikely because voice ALWAYS gets priority over other network traffic as it is 'time critical', but only running some tests to prove it is congestion can help if indeed your exchange needs more capacity.

Hi Fred

We know this as we have been here before but all I can tell you is what I have been told

My broadband does seem to get affected mostly in the early hours as OCE Chris has noticed in post #113 in www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77426

I know a few people my clients around here are doing their downloading overnight
T_PC_R
Philosopher
Originally Posted by jcampy
it will be TAlktalks network team who have no aurthorisation to do work on your drop wire on phone line so won't be abke to have you re router to a differnt cab

I will await for confirmation of this from a OCE (no offence)

It should be less the an hours work to transfer from cab to home for a competent engineer
Community Team
Hi TPCR,

I am just looking into this further.

Thanks

Debbie
Community Team
Hi TPCR,

I have just spoken with the network team and discussed this fault. They have advised that they will look into this taking into account what actions have been previously been taken to resolve this issue.

Are you happy for me to now raise this for investigation?

Originally Posted by TPCR
The only way I would be happy for this to be investigated further is if it can be guaranteed that all engineers that are investigating will have fully calibrated, updated working problem free test equipment etc and are competent in using them and also competent in doing any repair the equipment reports.

And also look into my suspicions on the fact that my neighbour on sky using the same cable from the DP Box could possibly be the issue as my broadband is affected more when he is home,

As I do not realy want the hassle that I had before with engineers using faulty equipment, and having to use my corded phone to do a test call to his colegue in cardiff as using his own test phone he could not hear the other person speaking.

Also there is another cabinet closer to my property

Which I thought was for virgin media as a virgin media line runs into my home from that cabinet and that was working perfect for broadband but never had the landline so dont know if it would of been ok or not,

I have been informed that both cabinets are BT and are used by virgin media, would it be possible to try from that cabinet (maybe not) (but just a thought) but was never offered by BT to use,

I can remember the first BT kelly group engineer was contemplating using that line but there was a lot of furniture in the way to move as we ha already planned where the new instalation was to take place

As from now I will start logging any future calls and will pm when I have at least 3 calls to report.
T_PC_R
Philosopher
Hi Debbie

Yes please can you re-raise this with networks

and if possible can you see if networks will possibly look into using the other cabinet (long shot I know)

As I was about to reply to you I had no internet @ 13:15 and the orange internet light was on for approx 3 minuets.
This is the first time I have noticed the orange light when it has lost connection/ sync.

To be fair this is the longest it has held so far

The current stats are now since the green light has come back on.

Before it went off it was holding nicely @ 969 kbps 9409 kbps

DSL(Sync) Summary
System Uptime 79:54:18
Modem DSL(Sync) uptime 0:00:50
ADSL Mode ADSL2+
Interleaving On
Up Down
DSL Line Speed 988 kbps 9192 kbps
Line Attenuation 29.6 dB 52.0 dB
SN Margin 5.9 dB 6.0 dB
Total Errors Seconds 0
Community Team
Hi TPCR,

Please can you also send me a private message with an alternative contact number.

Thanks

Debbie

EDIT***************************

I have now raised the speech clipping fault to our network team for further investigation and we will keep you updated as soon as we receive further information.

Thanks
T_PC_R
Philosopher
Hi TPCR,
Please can you also send me a private message with an alternative contact number.
Thanks
Debbie
EDIT***************************
I have now raised the speech clipping fault to our network team for further investigation and we will keep you updated as soon as we receive further information.
Thanks

Hi Debbie
Thank you
I would pm you but they have sent 2 texts already lol 1 @ 14:06 saying thank you for reporting the voice fault ref: 000006695429 and the other @ 14:10 saying the fault has been passed to our network service desk ref: 6695429
Also made outgoing call to your call center @ 14:00 in reference to my bill and I had to speak louder than normal for your collegue to hear me and the speech clipping was still there.
Community Team
Hi TPCR,

I would pm you but they have sent 2 texts already 1 @ 14:06 saying thank you for reporting the voice fault ref: 000006695429 and the other @ 14:10 saying the fault has been passed to our network service desk ref: 6695429

Apologies 😮 I found the number from previous tickets raised.

I am just waiting for further information back from the network team.

Thanks

Debbie