cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Account Barred

5 REPLIES
Jimbo2962
Chatterbox
Why is my account log on barred from making changes?
OCE_Emma
Retired
Hi Jimbo2962,

Can you give us a little more information please? What are you trying to do? Are you getting an error message?

Cheers
Em x
Jimbo2962
Chatterbox
Hi Emma
It just says temporary barred. I also have another thread about phone line. I can't call out, just goes straight to your recorded message. It's driving us mad.
Jim
OCE_Emma
Retired
Hi Jimbo2962,

Can you please copy and paste the error message? Can you also let me know what the recorded message you are given when attempting to make a phone call says verbatim?

Cheers
Em x
Jimbo2962
Chatterbox
Hi Emma
Account message says -

We are sorry, but your account is temporarily barred. You cannot make any changes at this time.

When attempting a phone call it just goes to hold as if I have rung talktalk. ie 'welcome to talktalk someone will be with you shortly etc'. BUT THEY DON'T.

Since Talktalk took over Pipex my broadbaand provider I have had nothing but trouble.
I will be ending my contract as soon as I can use my phone again. Mobile bill is through the roof as it is the Xmas period.
Jim
OCE_Emma
Retired
Closing duplicate thread. Please do not post multiple threads on the same issue.

Cheers
Em x