cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Boosting wireless signal

3 REPLIES
benrees
First Timer
I have a new TalkTalk Huawei HG533 Router which is working fine and I am very happy. However, I would like to buy a wireless booster / repeater to take out some blackspots where the wireless signal is intermittent and slow. I want to make sure that the repeater I purchase is compatible with the new router so have looked at the huawei ws320.
Is this the correct approach?
Should I be worrying about compatability of different manufacturers?
Has anyone experience of boosting the wireless signal with the HG533 router?

thanks
eebdsirhc
Community Star
I use the WS320, with a TalkTalk D-Link 2780 router, no problems.
It supports all the usual wireless encryptions and b/g/n transmission.
Buy from Amazon, I found their prices to be just as good as anyone else's, plus it's far easier to send things back and get a refund if it doesn't work as expected.
Swordfish97
Wizz Kid
I use a Netgear WN2500RP Extender with a Netgear DGND3300 Router.
The Extender will also work with the TT Dlink 2780 Router (my previous setup).
I don't see any problems extending the signal from your router using the Netgear model.
You should find this on Amazon.
benrees
First Timer
thanks for your helpfuln responses. i will give it a go and see how it goes. many thanks