Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Calls to homephone told number invalid

20 REPLIES 20
Sue-lee
Team Player

Calls to my home phone receive 'number invalid'. I can phone out and broadband appears to be OK. Talktalk support have tested the line and tell me there is no problem. Latest advice - unplug everything for 10 minutes! 21st century solution?? Talktalk supposed to phone me back after 10 minutes - that was an hour ago. Don't know where to go next but need my phone for deliveries expected today. Any ideas?

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Sue-lee

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Have you tested with a different phone?

Please can you update your Community profile to include your name, telephone number and alternative contact number, we can then look into this further (Please do not post this information on this thread)

Please bump this thread to confirm once your Community profile has been updated.

Thanks

Debbie

Sue-lee
Team Player

Thanks Debbie - yes, we've tried from several different phones. Talktalk support reported it Thursday but I haven't heard any more. Sue

OCE_Debbie

Hi Sue-lee

Thanks for your reply. Have our Faults Team arranged a BrightSparks engineer visit with you?

Debbie

Sue-lee
Team Player

Hi Debbie

the request was put in for an engineer last Thursday but I haven't heard anything yet.

thanks

Sue-lee

OCE_Debbie

Hi Sue-lee

Thanks for your reply. I've checked and an engineer visit doesn't appear to have been arranged.

Just to confirm, have you tested with a different phone on your line, connected directly at the test socket and with the router removed from the line?

Thanks

Debbie

Sue-lee
Team Player

Thank you Debbie - yes, I tried with 2 different phones in the socket. I don't think the problem is with the phones as Ican phone out with no problem. It is just incoming calls that do not work. Calls have been diverted to my mobile number but, as calls do not get through, I am not receiving them! 

Sue-lee

OCE_Debbie

Hi Sue-lee

I've raised this fault over to our Network Team for investigation. Please post back on this thread in 24hrs and we can check for further updates.

Thanks

Debbie

johnleafe1
First Timer

Hello, I have exactly the same problem. I was told an engineer had been informed and would be sorting the problem. that was on Tues 8th Aug.

I have heard nothing yet.

Sue-lee
Team Player

Hi Debbie

The number is still 'invalid' when trying to call it. The only update I have had is a text yesterday morning to tell me they are working on resolving the issues I have raised. This is the first I have heard since 2 August. Hope progress is made very soon.

Thanks

Sue-Lee

Sue-lee
Team Player

Hi Debbie

it is now 11 days since I first reported this problem - how can I escalate it to get it sorted? The line has been tested and, as I have explained many times on the phone, it works fine for outward calls and receives inward from talktalk. However it still tells any other caller that the line is invalid. This includes calls from talktalk mobiles. I am becoming very frustrated - as are elderly relatives who are having to pay very high call charges to phone me on my mobile. 

Sue-lee

OCE_Debbie

Hi Sue-lee

Apologies for the delay.

Our Network Team are currently investigating this fault as a possible porting issue.

We should have further updates within the next 24hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

Sue-lee
Team Player

Thank you Debbie

it is helpful to know something is happening and I look forward to more information tomorrow, and hopefully a resolution!

Sue-lee

OCE_Debbie

Hi Sue-lee

I've requested an update on this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Sue-lee
Team Player

Any news?? It has now been 2 weeks with no incoming calls and my patience is running thin. Who do I speak to about the cost of this?

Sue-lee

OCE_Debbie

Hi Sue-lee

Our Network Team have advised that they are still investigating this fault and have no further updates at present.

Once this fault has been fully resolved then we can look at your bill.

Thanks

Debbie

Sue-lee
Team Player

Hi Debbie

Any news?? I spoke to customer support last week and keep being told it is being dealt with. Each advisor gives me a new timeline but it is now 19 days since I first reported this problem.

Thanks

Sue-lee

OCE_Debbie

Hi Sue-lee

I've chased our Network Team for an update on this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

OCE_Debbie

Hi Sue-lee

Our Network Team have advised that this fault has been raised to BT Openreach to investigate the porting issue.

Would you like me to raise a complaint in regards to this fault and the timescales taken?

Thanks

Debbie

Sue-lee
Team Player

Oh yes please Debbie - I was on the point of asking for an address to write a letter of complaint to. This has been awful (and doesn't show much sign of getting better).

Have they given you any idea of timescale?

Thank you for your help.

Sue-lee