cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't Access Router by IP

Reply
10 REPLIES
mikerg
Wizz Kid
Hi,
I can't access the Huawei 533 modem router by using the IP address anymore.

When I type 192.168.1.1 I just get "cannot display web page".

It alway has worked OK, but now I can't get in to change the wifi password.

O/S = Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with SP1.

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to offer,
~Mike~
Fred_Sheehan
Community Star
Clear the browser cache and history

If no better try different browser

no better? do a factory reset on the router;

help2.talktalk.co.uk/broadband-wireless/how-do-i-reset-my-talktalk-router-back-factory-defaults

regards
.
mikerg
Wizz Kid
Originally Posted by fred sheehan
Clear the browser cache and history

If no better try different browser

no better? do a factory reset on the router;

help2.talktalk.co.uk/broadband-wireless/how-do-i-reset-my-talktalk-router-back-factory-defaults

regards
.

Cheers Fred,
I am a little concerned about a hard reset as I am not sure If I still have my username and password.
jcampy
Community Star
anything will work as the user and password for allmost everybody nowadays

but if you could try typing ipconfig in to command prompt look for you default gateway this should be the ip of your router
mikerg
Wizz Kid
Originally Posted by jcampy
anything will work as the user and password for allmost everybody nowadays
but if you could try typing ipconfig in to command prompt look for you default gateway this should be the ip of your router


I Know the IP address. But when I type it in any browser I get the "cannot display web page" error. This is a fault where the router will not show the UI.

I have just read elsewhere on the forum that TT have just carried out an automatic Firmware update for these routers and is causing this problem.
Fred_Sheehan
Community Star
and a factory reset will cure it if that is the case.

router settings;

help2.talktalk.co.uk/broadband-wireless/talktalk-router-settings

use anything you want for wireless name/password
jcampy
Community Star
try adding :8080 to the ed of the ip see if that works doubtfully but worth a quick tru
adduncan
Wizz Kid
probably easier just to reset the router

the router will then be accessible via the 192.168.1.1 ip address

after this you can configure your router as you had it previously, if you changed anything (SSID, password, etc)
mikerg
Wizz Kid
Originally Posted by fred sheehan
and a factory reset will cure it if that is the case.

router settings;

help2.talktalk.co.uk/broadband-wireless/talktalk-router-settings

use anything you want for wireless name/password


Thanks Fred,
I shall have a look around for my broadband password and give it a go.
mikerg
Wizz Kid
Originally Posted by fred sheehan
and a factory reset will cure it if that is the case.

router settings;

help2.talktalk.co.uk/broadband-wireless/talktalk-router-settings

use anything you want for wireless name/password


I Reset the modem router last night and it retained the username and password.
The Setup pages are now available and back to normal.

Thanks for the advice. Greatly appreciated. Smiley Happy
Regards, ~Mike~
TalkTalk Team
Hi mikerg

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks