NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 0x8004210E

drgwalker
Whizz Kid
Message 5 of 5

I'm now getting an error code 0x8004210E with a number of my TalkTalk email addresses. It's not critical as I now use another service provider for email, but I do still receive the odd email from time to time from some people who have yet to update their address books and one of my email addresses is listed in a directory. The error reads:

'Your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another mail operation is trying to access it. The server responded - ERR [SYS/TEMP] Unable to lock mailbox, 11'

I'm using Outlook 2003 as my email client. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Karl,

Thank you for the information. The problem does appear to have been resolved now.

Unfortunately I spent hours yesterday going through all the fixes with Microsoft and changing/deleting accounts etc etc. Pity your Technical staff/advisors were not aware of the problem yesterday afternoon. I had been experiencing the problem for over 4 days so surely someone must have raised the issue before then. Nothing appeared on the Service Centre advice so I had presumed that it was my system. I should have had more confidence in my set up!

Your advisors just do the usual checks in order, such as settings etc. Clearly they have little knowledge of the latest problems affecting users. Having wasted ages on the phone getting nowhere,other than confirming that all my settings etc were correct, I gave up and posted on the Community. Thankfully it is now resolved.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Karl - it's teetering....

....the service is slower than a week in prison and I'm glad I don't use your email service any more for my practice and medical communications. I really wonder why I still use your web services at all. 

Get yourself a job with a proper company rather than firefighting for complete dolts.

See you around.

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

An issue has been resolved earlier, can you pleas retest.

Thanks

Karl.

0 Likes

tramstop
Team Player
Message 4 of 5

I have been getting the same error message for the past few days on 3 email accounts. After repeated attempts my email downloads on 1 or 2 of the 3 accounts before failing with this same error message on the other account. Then a different account will download and the others fail.I have tried all the microsoft suggestions and none worked - turned off anti-virus/checked using webmail/repaired .pst files etc.etc  I also use my iphone to send/receive email. This too is affected as messages will not always download. Sending emails is not a problem on phone or computer.

I am using windows 8 and Outlook 2010 as mail client. None of my settings have been changed and this has worked without a problem for over a year.

0 Likes