For the past 2-3 weeks I've had several outages of broadband service. They've lasted for various lengths of times from a few minutes to a few hours. I've suffered again this morning and decided to do something about it. I've disconnected from 220.127.116.11 @ 20388Mbps and reconnected to a new connection with a speed of 20706. It looks like you've a faulty box in the Millom exchange. Perhaps you can look into this ?
A couple of options:
Incidentally, it was off again this morning so repeated the process to get a functional connection. Up until the last 24 hours, the previous faults have always cleared themselves after time. For the past few months we've had a really good reliable service so I dunno what's happened.
I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your connection, could you please checkout the Service Centre which will check your line for any faults, you can also get step by step diagnostic advice by following the “Report & Repair” links.
Slide 10 could be:
"I've got a connection to the exchange
I should be able to download this diagnostic tool to my network so I can use it when the fault is present.
The next slide of course would be dependent on the radio button selected.
It's strange how this problem comes and goes ! It disappeared for a few weeks and returned again last weekend. My problem is that having been on the Net since 1996, I've usually found all faults have not been anything to do with me and have wasted considerable time trying to resolve a problem that was nothing to do with me. I'm therefore rather reluctant to blame anything I've done or have by way of equipment.
So with problems again recently I contacted TT for fault issues and line tests were done. I was given the reference number: 02034415550 and 'line drops' were mentioned. What I didn't establish was whether these were my side or 'your side' and if you can obtain further details on this, I'd appreciate it.
I'd gone through the 'crackle' issue reporting none but later, during the call I had both crackle and a reconnected broadband! So although I was up and running again, there was clearly a connection issue. I'd traced a previous fault to the phone socket on the microfilter which I treated with WD40 as suggested by a friend. However, this time, the problem was with ADSL connections.
From previous issues with the wall socket BT plug/socket, I made it my policy to remove troublesome plugs and sockets and hard-wired the microfilter to the BT line with soldered connections. With the recent trouble, I've done likewise on the downstream side of the microfilter such that now the only remaining two plug/socket connections are into the back of the phone and into the modem. Any further crackling on the line and these two will also be made soldered connections - making all connections soldered except the outdoor cable which is on screw terminals.
It's now clear that this type of weak-spring connector has no place in today's high speed communications and there must be tons of good equipment being thrown out simply because of the **bleep** connectors. Not to mention millions of man-hours wasted looking for faults and dealing with them.
In fact, I think I'll put a complaint into ofcom and I'd urge other TT users to do likewise that have similar fault experiences.
Just looking at the heading, it seems that was incorrect as it appears to stem from an erroneous report from my router software! While it correctly updates some information, DSL status sometimes seems to stick rather than get updated!
Issues seem to have been ongoing and I've made a further rreport. Sadly, it seems there have been issues too with plugs/sockets my side but I'm sure this isn't the only cause of the problems. To eliminate plug/socket issues my side, I've removed the ALL and made soldered connections.
The more recent report generated another fault number (which it looks like I've just 'tidied up (i.e. thrown out!) but hopefully you can trace progress on my line from the previous number given above as I have had further issues although by now these may have been rectified. A progress update and status would be useful via the Community. Unfortunately I don't have a mobile signal in the house to receive text updates!
Thanks for that. I can only say time will tell. I have had one outage this evening - rebooting the modem cleared this.
I'm also wondering if there are two 'faults' going round as they visited the property, replaced the cable coming into the house and fitted a new master socket - bypassing what someone has claimed to be 60 year old junction boxes!
On top of this, I've replaced the modem, microfilter, cabling and added a router (due to the lack of ports on the TT modem). The only things not changed is the single telephone and ISP 😉