Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Good News?

21 REPLIES 21
Malco
Whizz Kid

Sadly NOT !!!!!!

I have just received a call from Daniel Halliwell from the Management Office.

He informed me that there is absolutely NOTHING that TalkTalk can do to resolve the Duplicate Email problem.

The only suggestion that he could offer was to transfer all contacts to another alternative email address such as...... @gmail.com.

iPad users should remove the TalkTalk email address altogether.

I doubt that will stop the millions of old duplicated emails from downloading in the future, but we will have to see?

He has offered me a token goodwill gesture of £10.00 credit.

My complaint has been CLOSED.

That is how much TalkTalk values loyal customers.

I have spent many hundreds of hours deleting millions of duplicated emails received since mid October. 

Daniel told me that the 'Send and Receive' email issue had been COMPLETELY RESOLVED, and was working now.

When I tried to connect to emails on my desktop through Windows Live Mail at 13;26, there was no connection at all!

ANY COMMENTS ?

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

allysonw
First Timer

I have over 19,000 emails and cannot delete any of them as they keep reappearing. I have a flight booked to Australia on Wed and I cannot locate my tickets or insurance as trying to scroll through all these emails is a nightmare. I really am at the end of my tether with all this. I spoke to talk talk on Tues who said it was apples fault. I rand Apple and was on the phone for over 2 hours. They tried to help but didn't think it was their fault. Apple have rung me 3 times since to see if I am ok and if my problem resolved. Lovely customer care. This is now beyond a joke. 

@Malco wrote:

Sadly NOT !!!!!!

I have just received a call from Daniel Halliwell from the Management Office.

He informed me that there is absolutely NOTHING that TalkTalk can do to resolve the Duplicate Email problem.

@ The only suggestion that he could offer was to transfer all contacts to another alternative email address such as...... @gmail.com.

iPad users should remove the TalkTalk email address altogether.

I doubt that will stop the millions of old duplicated emails from downloading in the future, but we will have to see?

He has offered me a token goodwill gesture of £10.00 credit.

My complaint has been CLOSED.

That is how much TalkTalk values loyal customers.

I have spent many hundreds of hours deleting millions of duplicated emails received since mid October. 

Daniel told me that the 'Send and Receive' email issue had been COMPLETELY RESOLVED, and was working now.

When I tried to connect to emails on my desktop through Windows Live Mail at 13;26, there was no connection at all!

ANY COMMENTS ?

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

spring2
Chat Champion

I think that they do not deserve to have any customers...if they cannot even sort email out, this is beyond rediculous! TalkTalk have been absolutely rubbish since AOL took over

katie-k
Conversation Starter

Ofcom or small claims court the next port of call perhaps?

It's shameful that it's taken TT over 2 months to admit defeat.

Spearfish
Conversation Starter

Talktalk customers should now Walkwalk.

merlin7777777
Whizz Kid

I contacted OFCOM a few weeks ago.

They can't do anythng because they say email is not a core service that we pay for. So if it's broadband or landline phone they could do something but not for email. They advised using gmail or hotmail or something similar.

So OFCOM are rubbish too.

OFCOM is the office of communications. Is email not one of our main means of communication?

"Ofcom is the communications regulator in the UK. We regulate the TV and radio sectors, fixed line telecoms, mobiles, postal services, plus the airwaves over which wireless devices operate." email is an electronic postal service.

spring2
Chat Champion

I wrote to ofcom.....didn't get a reply, they are probably inundated

Malco
Whizz Kid

Happy New Year Friends,

Yesterday, I was promised by Daniel Halliwell, speaking on behalf of CEO Dido Harding, that the send and receive email 

problem had been COMPLETELY SORTED.

He told me to remove TalkTalk from my iPad to resolve the duplicate email problem.

Luckily, I ignored that advice.

Today, the lights on my router are flashing, but nobody is at home.

I am now unable to connect to Windows live Mail on my desk top.

Earlier, I tried to  update a post on this thread, from my iPad, and although I was definitely logged on, I received an

'authentication failed'  message, and the post was lost.

Somebody is telling big 'porkys'.

It is obvious that the MANAGEMENT has no control, and that TalkTalk is in free fall.

They can't keep hiding or denying the truth, too many of us are victims of their incompetence.

Offgem have REPUTEDLY stated that the emails are FREE.

Free or not, emails are a SERVICE.

By definition a SERVICE is the provision or system of supplying a public need and is provided by a SERVER.

We are paying TalkTalk to be our SERVICE PROVIDER.

They have accepted our money, so they must not be allowed to shirk their legal responsibility.

Dido, now is the time to come out of hiding and do something to earn the £ millions for the job you are being paid to do.

If, for whatever reason, you are unable to fulfill the role, I suggest that  you should fire all of the management, who have let you

down, and repay all of your salary and bonuses, then resign, before your company collapses completely.

A bit harsh?

Dido may not have caused the problems, but she is responsible for them. 

That is the job of a CEO.

LATEST UPDATE.

IT WOULD APPEAR THAT  NOTHING MUCH HAS CHANGED SINCE MID OCTOBER.

1) The Email system has failed.

2) Duplicate emails, including those previously deleted many hundreds of times, are still downloading onto iPads, and probably other equipment when it is able to connect to TalkTalk servers?

3) Spam is still pouring in from the same sources.

AND, we are NOT HAPPY.

spring2
Chat Champion

And Dido Harding  is buying shares big time, are they hoping for a buy out??

Malco
Whizz Kid

@spring2 wrote:

And Dido Harding  is buying shares big time, are they hoping for a buy out??

If that is true, it would be very suspicious and there should be an investigation?

I feel used.

UPDATE

New Years Day

1) In spite of promises to the contrary from TalkTalk Management, all day today, it has been impossible to connect to TalkTalk email through Windows Live Mail.

2) Multiple downloads and spam still flooding in on iPads.

3) Most of the emails on my iPad have no content.

4) The lights on my router have not stopped flashing all day.

What is it called when a customer pays for a service that is not provided?

It would take a complete idiot to risk buying this failed company.

That is, unless they have a miraculous easy solution to the multiple problems?

If that does happen, it will raise a lot of questions.

The saga continues, and the plot thickens.

spring2
Chat Champion

Inside info gives you all the perks...she knows how to make money

Taken from City AM:

23rd october Shares in TalkTalk dropped more than 10 per cent during trading at the end of last week after news of the cyber attack broke on Thursday night. However, the stock recovered during Friday’s sessions and closed 4.36 per cent down

Taken from Morning Star on 11th November:

LONDON (Alliance News) - TalkTalk Telecom Group PLC said Chief Executive Dido Harding acquired shares in the company on Wednesday, after TalkTalk shares surged higher as the company brushed off recent concerns about the cyber attack on its website in October.

Harding bought 40,966 shares in the telecommunications company for 244.10 pence per share, increasing her total holding to 4.3 million shares, or a 0.45% stake.

On Wednesday, TalkTalk said it will book a one-off cost related to the recent cyber attack on its website but said trading outside of this was in line with its expectations.

Shares in the firm were up 11% to 240.30p early afternoon on Wednesday.

15th December DFN:

Talktalk Telecom Group PLC (LON:TALK) insider Harding,Dido purchased 130 shares of Talktalk Telecom Group PLC stock in a transaction on Friday, December 11th. The shares were purchased at an average cost of GBX 229 ($3.45) per share, with a total value of £297.70 ($448.61).

The business also recently declared a dividend, which was paid on Friday, December 11th. Investors of record on Thursday, November 19th were paid a dividend of GBX 5.29 ($0.08) per share. The ex-dividend date was Thursday, November 19th. This represents a yield of 2.15%.

Several equities analysts recently commented on the company. Barclays restated an “overweight” rating and set a GBX 400 ($6.03) target price on shares of Talktalk Telecom Group PLC in a research report on Monday, November 30th. Berenberg Bank cut Talktalk Telecom Group PLC to a “sell” rating and reduced their target price for the stock from GBX 290 ($4.37) to GBX 208 ($3.13) in a research report on Monday, November 30th. Societe Generale restated a “sell” rating and set a GBX 190 ($2.86) target price on shares of Talktalk Telecom Group PLC in a research report on Friday, November 27th. RBC Capital reduced their target price on Talktalk Telecom Group PLC from GBX 370 ($5.58) to GBX 300 ($4.52) and set a “sector perform” rating for the company in a research report on Thursday, November 12th. Finally, Goldman Sachs restated a “buy” rating and set a GBX 375 ($5.65) target price on shares of Talktalk Telecom Group PLC in a research report on Thursday, November 12th. Six equities research analysts have rated the stock with a sell rating, four have given a hold rating and eight have issued a buy rating to the stock. The stock presently has a consensus rating of “Hold” and an average target price of GBX 299.94 ($4.52).

Malco
Whizz Kid

Re Dido,

Great to see that she wasn't wasting her time like her loyal customers were forced to do?

Perhaps she has bought the shares so that she can give us all some to encourage us to be patient and continue working hard clearing up the mess?

If we keep quiet and pretend that everything in the garden is perfect, just like TalkTalk management is trying to do, the value of the company may increase, and we will all make tons of lovely money as well?

I'm glad that I decided to stay instead of having to pay hundreds of £s to join the other escapees, and then try to find another service provider. 

No rush, it will take me weeks to finish notifying all my contacts to substitute my gmail address for the overactive unreliable TalkTalk one.

Then a few more weeks sifting through the multi thousands of duplications before I can completely remove TalkTalk from my computer.

UPDATE

1) Duplications still coming in thick and fast on iPad and desktop.

2) After several days with no connection to TalkTalk via Windows Live Mail, it suddenly started working this morning.

Only problem was, so did the duplications. Over 30,000 of them so far today!

skygrowler
Insightful One

@merlin7777777 wrote:

They can't do anythng because they say email is not a core service that we pay for. So if it's broadband or landline phone they could do something but not for email. They advised using gmail or hotmail or something similar.

OFCOM is the office of communications. Is email not one of our main means of communication?

"Ofcom is the communications regulator in the UK. We regulate the TV and radio sectors, fixed line telecoms, mobiles, postal services, plus the airwaves over which wireless devices operate." email is an electronic postal service.

Or.....

"Ofcom is funded by fees from industry for regulating broadcasting and communications networks, and direct funding (called 'grant-in-aid) from the government."

:smileyfrustrated:

spring2
Chat Champion

@Malco wrote:

Re Dido,

Great to see that she wasn't wasting her time like her loyal customers were forced to do?

Perhaps she has bought the shares so that she can give us all some to encourage us to be patient and continue working hard clearing up the mess?

If we keep quiet and pretend that everything in the garden is perfect, just like TalkTalk management is trying to do, the value of the company may increase, and we will all make tons of lovely money as well?

I'm glad that I decided to stay instead of having to pay hundreds of £s to join the other escapees, and then try to find another service provider. 

No rush, it will take me weeks to finish notifying all my contacts to substitute my gmail address for the overactive unreliable TalkTalk one.

Then a few more weeks sifting through the multi thousands of duplications before I can completely remove TalkTalk from my computer.

UPDATE

1) Duplications still coming in thick and fast on iPad and desktop.

2) After several days with no connection to TalkTalk via Windows Live Mail, it suddenly started working this morning.

Only problem was, so did the duplications. Over 30,000 of them so far today!

Each one contains a share?!

spring2
Chat Champion

@skygrowler wrote:

@merlin7777777 wrote:

Or.....

"Ofcom is funded by fees from industry for regulating broadcasting and communications networks, and direct funding (called 'grant-in-aid) from the government."

:smileyfrustrated:

Yes, they all think we are stupid!

skygrowler
Insightful One

i would like to see a list of their salaries . :smileysad:

skygrowler
Insightful One

there ya go ...

Ofcom 7 August 2015 Senior Salary Disclosure In addition to the salary details already published within the Ofcom Annual Report, we have chosen to make publicly available the details of all other Ofcom employees who earn more than £150k per annum in basic salary as at 31 March 2015 Name Job Title Basic Salary Band Alastair Gilmartin Smith Finance Director £150,000 - £154,999 Graham Howell Secretary to the Corporation £165,000 - £169,999 Charles Jenne Director of Spectrum Policy £160,000 - £164,999 David Matthew Economic Director £150,000 - £154,999 James Thickett Director of Market Research & Market Intelligence £155,000 - £159,999

Malco
Whizz Kid

@skygrowler wrote:

there ya go ...

Ofcom 7 August 2015 Senior Salary Disclosure In addition to the salary details already published within the Ofcom Annual Report, we have chosen to make publicly available the details of all other Ofcom employees who earn more than £150k per annum in basic salary as at 31 March 2015 Name Job Title Basic Salary Band Alastair Gilmartin Smith Finance Director £150,000 - £154,999 Graham Howell Secretary to the Corporation £165,000 - £169,999 Charles Jenne Director of Spectrum Policy £160,000 - £164,999 David Matthew Economic Director £150,000 - £154,999 James Thickett Director of Market Research & Market Intelligence £155,000 - £159,999

Greetings,

That is interesting, but going off track regarding the situation we are all suffering with the TT service, or rather lack of?

However, what is more pertinent is the fact that TT can afford to pay a part time CEO a reputed salary of £6.8 MILLION, with probable bonuses.

Then watch her purchase £10 MILLION worth of TT shares, while allowing the poor service issues to escalate.

It would appear that personal gain is more important than customer satisfaction?

It is a win win for Dido. Whatever happens now, she either makes a killing by negotiating a sell out, or collects a golden

handshake if she abandons the sinking ship which TT themselves scuttled.

Either way, we, as customers, are paying not only with our hard earned money, but also with our time.

UPDATE

1) Multi duplicated emails are still flooding in.

2) Spam has not been stopped.

3) From reading the forum threads, there are many other issues that are not being resolved.

4) Cancelling the complaints is NOT a solution, and neither is ignoring them.

5) Customer service is almost non existent.

6) Customers are leaving TT, in their thousands.

7) Nobody in TT is prepared to make a statement that gives any encouragement that matters will improve. (Would we believe them if they did?)

😎 TT's credibility is at an all time low.

9) The company desparately needs a major overhaul.

10) It is TALKTALK's management, equipment and systems that are at fault, NOT their customer's.

merlin7777777
Whizz Kid

my multiple duplicate email problem hasn't happened for a few days. I'm not holding my breath but has it stopped for anyone else?

Malco
Whizz Kid

@merlin7777777 wrote:

my multiple duplicate email problem hasn't happened for a few days. I'm not holding my breath but has it stopped for anyone else?

Still happening for me this morning. I had a short break, of about two hours, a couple of days ago, but several thousand duplicates have arrived since then. In fact, the notification of your posting is one of them.

From what I can gather from talking to them, and the foreign script readers,  the TalkTalk Management are still relying on their Philipino experts working in their kitchens, to solve all the issues.

I am sure that they know what they are doing, otherwise why would Dido and her team trust them to support one of the companies who pay her MILLIONS to look after our interests and to keep the money rolling in to their bank accounts?

If the passengers keep paying, and the leaking rusty ship is worth more in salvage, why bother to spend serious money to patch up the holes?

Communications failed a long time ago, so nobody knows what, if anything, is happening?

If they can just about keep it floating in deep water,( excrement?)  they probably think that not everybody who has a ticket will jump ship.

S.O.S       Save Our Service.