NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Broadband is awful

Rach284
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I feel I have been completely misold my broadband when I signed up I told them I would have up to 9 devices running on the service, and was guaranteed a minimum speed of 7mb, yet one device won’t even run smoothly, we have to put all devices on aeroplane mode just to try and stream a tv program, and even then it’s constantky buffers, 

i have rang rang customer service to be told that the broadband isn’t the best for tv, and fibre would be better and to cope with it how it is for the next 2-3 weeks and try swap to fibre then as its in high demand at the moment and I can’t be added! 

This is awful customer service, I am currently paying for a service that I can’t use, I want to leave but am 6 days over my cooling off period and been told I will be charged over 200 pound to end contract! Yet I’m expected to pay for a service that doesn’t work! 

If broadband is no good for tv why was I sold this in the first place! 

I havent recieved a contract from yourselves so not sure how I can be charged for leaving a contract I haven’t even seen 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Rach284

I'm sorry to hear this.

Your line is showing in sync at 12.2mb. Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

You can have several devices connected at the same time, but quality will be affected by the overall bandwidth available to you. You say you were guaranteed a minimum speed of 7Mbps, but you don't say what your actual sync speed is? 

If you would like the online support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then give them until the early part of next week to respond.

0 Likes