NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How on earth can I get out of my contract? This service is diabolicle

TThom
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

Dreadful connecxtion from the start, i raised a complaint and after many long phone calls and attempts to put a 'sticking plaster' over the problem an engineer was sent and it was ok for a while. 

The it starts again, no broadband, then a bit, no use to anyone!  I call and raise another complaint, i was told i had to wait up to 72 hours for it to be resolved (i now have connection, for about 20 seconds at a time!!) so i asked about compenstaion where i was told that this would be discussed when the problem was resolved, well it isnt and theres no sign of a discussion about compensation. I cant get out of the contract, i was kindly told i would have to wait 28 days (my first complaint about that long) and if i left now i would have to pay a fee, laughable as i had absolutely no service. So it begs the question, why does talk talk think its ok to take your money and provide the worst service i have ever experienced?

I cant wait to get talk talk out of my life, if anyone has any idea how i can do this i would really like to know

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi TThom

I'm sorry for the delay and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that the SNR is dropping very low which can affect the stability, speed and the performance of the connection.

Does your master socket also have a test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Done

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi TThom

I can only see a mobile number in your Community Profile, please can you add your TalkTalk landline number?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi

My talk talk number is already there in my personal information, its there twice so im not sure where else you will need it

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 10

Hi TThom,

Please can you update your forum profile to include your TalkTalk telephone number so that we can look into this further. To do this go into "my settings" then "personal information" then add your details.

Please do not post any personal information on the forum.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

I have updated my details

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 10

Hi TThom,

Please can you update your forum profile to include your telephone number so that we can look into this further. To do this go into "my settings" then "personal information" then add your details.

Please do not post any personal information on the forum.

Thanks

0 Likes

Beesbee
Team Player
Message 8 of 10

A contract is a 2 way agreement. The first step is to check your contract. especially the small print.

Poor service

You may have grounds for escaping your contract if your broadband provider has failed to provide an acceptable level of service. This is considered a breach of contract. Poor service includes installation delays, slow broadband speeds, connection dropouts and bad customer service.

You will need to log everything like each time you experience drop outs and dates , staff you talk to etc

Heres a link to read to give you a better idea of whats involved, but im sure TT would want to resolve any issue they may find.

https://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/money/spending/consumer-rights/what-should-i-do-if-my-broadband-serv...

0 Likes

Beesbee
Team Player
Message 9 of 10

A Contract is a two way agreement.

you need to find your contract and take a close look at the 'service level agreement' or 'level of service'. This describes exactly what your ISP is bound by contract law to fulfil. If you don't think your provider is meeting the terms of this service agreement, you'll be in a strong position if you decide to

https://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/money/spending/consumer-rights/how-to-get-out-of-a-broadband-contrac... make a complaint. ( ive included main tips but give the whole article a good read )

Poor service

You may have grounds for escaping your contract if your broadband provider has failed to provide an acceptable level of service. This is considered a breach of contract. Poor service includes installation delays, slow broadband speeds, connection dropouts and bad customer service.

Read our tips on what to do if your broadband isn't working. 

You’ll need to keep a detailed log listing the dates and times of intermittent service or slow speeds. Write to your provider to formally report the issue and keep a record of all correspondence.

If the problem isn’t resolved within eight weeks or you’re not satisfied with the provider’s response, ask for a deadlock letter to take your complaint to either the Communications Ombudsman or the Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS).

[#CTA#]

Make sure you log all times service is down,Date time speed and things like that.

Here are some links to peruse at your leisure to give a good insight into requirements from both sides.

https://www.techradar.com/news/internet/slow-or-unreliable-broadband-your-rights-explained-972542/2

https://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/guides/help/broadband-consumer-rights

0 Likes