Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Intermittent Service

10 REPLIES 10
Ricey1
Popular Poster

Even though my broadband speed has been accelerated (thank you) I am still experiencing intermittent service. I've tried changing the router, re-setting and re-installing. I'm getting a bit peeved now.

jasonr2013
Insightful One

hi when you intermittent service

does the dsl light go out ??

or just the broadband light go red ??

if so have you made sure its set to an always on connection not a connect on demand one

Ricey1
Popular Poster

I don't have a clue what you are saying. Some punctuation would be nice.

oporus
First Timer

I have had the same problem where the wifi drops off and I have to reconnect ... sometimes have to restart the router. This was happening 3 to 5 times a day. I complained several times to talk Talk but they assured me there was nothing wrong with my broadband because they had checked it.

So I swapped the talk Takk router with an old Sky router .... and .... surprise surprise I have had no problems for 3 weeks.

It's obvious that the router is at fault but according to Talk Talk there is nothing wrong with it.

Stupid things like this are really annoying, 

jasonr2013
Insightful One

hi again,

sorry my reply was all messed up i didnt even realise untill now.

what i meant to say was when you have intermittent service does your DSL ligth on the router go off.

or does the Broadband light turn red and the DSL light stay green.

Ricey1
Popular Poster

The ADSL light and the Internet light both go off, then the ADSL light comes on first, then the Internet light glows red for a few seconds then goes green. With regard to using a different router I have tried 5 TalkTalk ones and a BT one and the same happens.

Karl-TalkTalk
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Ricey1,

I'm sorry to hear you have an issue with your service

Can you please visit our Service Centre : https://my.talktalk.co.uk/servicecentre/ 
This will check your line for any faults, you can also get step by step diagnostic help and advice by following the “Report & Repair” links. 

Thanks

Karl

Ricey1
Popular Poster

I would love to go to the report and repair option, but whenever I finish the tutorial it sends me back here. What I need is a call from someone who knows what they are talking about.

SocialTeamEmma
Philosopher

Hi Ricey1,

I can arrange for a faults manager to give you a call.  Could you please let me know when would be best for a callback Monday - Friday between 9am and 5pm.

Cheers

Ricey1
Popular Poster

Anytime apart from Wednesday. Thank you.

SocialTeamEmma
Philosopher

Hi Ricey1,

I've asked that you're called asap today.

Cheers